Hey all,

New to 3D Buzz but not new to 3D.

Spent most of the last 3 years in Max and over the last month I've been making the move over to Maya. The modeling process has been great (haven't gotten to Animation yet) BUTTT i've been banging my head and cursing Maya when it comes to rendering. I've tried transfer maps and batch bake options. They always always always crash Maya. I'm trying to get an AO map on a spaceship I've modeled and unwrapped for an upcoming title i'm working on. I just want to bake the AO from the single lo-poly model for shadows. This was simple as pie in Max, but not so much here.

When trying to do a AO map in the transfer map option it waits to about 50% before the save option comes up (about 5 secs) and then it freezes out although the status bar hits 100% if I leave it, the status bar never goes away, I have no functionality over Maya and Photoshop won't read the file (because it's incomplete), same happens with a normal map (I just duplicated the low-poly for a test) and same thing happens but after it reaches 100% I'm actually able to see the normal map in Photoshop although Maya crahses. If I try it in Batch Render the Save file pops up almost immediately leaving me hopeless and frustrated.

I hope someone has an answer to this issue or if I'm doing something wrong to lead me in the proper direction.

I'm using Maya 15 on a MacBook Pro (15-inch, Early 2011), Processor: 2 GHz Intel Core i7, Mem:4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

Thanks in advance!!

Cheers