Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool 50% Sale Continued! Blender/Android/iOS/Windows Phone/ASP.NET MVC/PHP Training!

50% Sale Back on!
    Hey, remember that time when Steve’s ability to proofread a simple paragraph failed so completely miserably that subsequent posts were almost as big a fail of confusion? YOU HAD ONE JOB, STEVE!

Well, more than a few people mentioned in messages or the forums about missing the sale that ended on the 3rd of November. You know, the sale that originally said it would run until Halloween at the end of November. ONE JOB, STEVE!

With that being said, we will continue the sale until the end of November!

So, we’re putting it back on. Nearly everything in the download store for HALF OFF! So if you missed it and were feeling dejected and horrible, here’s your chance! Check it out here!

http://www.3dbuzz.com/Store

Super Secret Special Guests!
    Okay, it was a secret. But clearly that’s about to change. *Spoiler Alert* If you hate having secrets shared, skip this paragraph!

Some old friends are returning to 3D Buzz! Steve is making arrangements for Derek Stevens to return to us for some in-depth training in foundational art skills. Where 2D Art 101 gave a primer, we’ll now take those subjects one by one and in depth to get right down to the last details you need to take your art skills to the next level!

A serious blast from the past for training is also arriving soon in the form of Logan Frank! Logan has been out in the world for some time now, playing with all sorts of things from programming to electronics, and a few things he refuses to discuss. But one of the things he’s put to good use is Solidworks. That’s right, 3D Buzz’s first training in Solidworks is on it’s way. If you’ve seen the growing interest in 3D printing, you’ll understand the importance of creating printable works in a great CAD program. Also, there’s a lot of jobs out there for people with CAD experience. Coming Soon!

MMO Continues!
    These last few weeks have been pretty awesome! We’ve finally got a full testing suite together for our framework, which will aid in adding new features to it as we move along. We’ve also integrated the RPC framework into Unity; and now have a full end-to-end example of the first part of the RPC framework working!

Not only that; but in the last two videos, we’ve made a configuration system for our Unity project. Based on the concept of override config files, we now have a JSON-based configuration store that allows us to separate environment specific values into their own config overrides. We integrated it into the build pipeline, showing yet another example of using MSBuild and TeamCity to streamline and automate your build process.

Next up we’re finally going to tackle the return values for our System RPC calls - and then: it’s on to interest management and the actors framework!

Blender 2.72 Complete
    In the last few years, Blender has gone through some very significant changes. All of them for the better! So, like our Maya and Max training we want to offer our Members the most complete and current training possible. So, starting shortly we will be making weekly drops on a comprehensive Blender course. Not 2-3 hours, not a single project. A-Z training from day 1 through professional level projects. If you’ve always been curious about Blender, this is the course! If you’re already experienced, keep an eye on things to see what’s changed in Blender until we reach videos at your skill level. Either way, this one isn’t to be missed!

Additional Coolness in the works!
    With the latest version of Android released, it seemed a fitting time to go over App Development. So more news shortly on creating an app that can be deployed to Android, iOS, and Windows Phone.

Since this will be a fully fledged cloud based app, we need some sort of backend to host the online components. In the interest of keeping up with a cross platform spirit - we’ve decided to put together two other training products: showing how to build the backend infrastructure that will be consumed by the app. For you .NET fans out there, one will be in ASP.NET MVC 5: and for you LAMP lovers, the other will be in PHP using Laravel!
    Need any help? Feel free to PM me - or send an email directly to nelson@3dbuzz.com!

This sounds all very cool!

Awesome, thanks again for this, I and my gf were one of those that completely missed this. Will be picking up some things.

Very cool! I am really looking forward to the Blender training! Thank you very much for taking that on.
    Now all I have to do is clone myself so that I can get more done. Does 3dbuzz have a class on cloning yet?

Wolf, I'll have to check with Nelson and see how the cloning tanks are coming along...

I think direct downloading to the brain would be easier to implement. Perhaps in pill form...but I'll wear the metal pasta strainer with the wires in it if need be.

Who's the instructor on the blender training?
    I'm so negative, like an electron.

That would be me!

Eagerly waiting for the WP8 and Blender training!

1. In what medium will the content be released (vtm, live class format)?
    2. Will the 3ds max - game assets be continued?
    3. Related to Blender, is there such a path considered for other 3d products ( in the near future ) ?
    4. C++ & OpenGL / DirectX. Is there any plan to reboot / continue this ( in the near future ) ?

Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast