Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Building the CNC machine continues.

Hi Everyone,

I haven't posted in a long while and thought that I should update everyone on what is going on with my CNC Machine that I've been building.
    Things are now finally, finally moving forward! The base is built now, just a few more braces needed but that can come later. I will take some pictures of the base on Monday when I work on it next. I am building it at my friends shop since he is the CNC building master. We are using his smaller machine to mill the parts for my bigger machine. Mine will fit a full 4' X 8' sheet of plywood onto it's bed. So can you say, very large models will be made!

Here are a couple of pictures of my friends machine milling the new parts for mine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20141103_009.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	391.8 KB 
ID:	74344

Name:	WP_20141103_010.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	344.3 KB 
ID:	74343

More to come later!
    For me, happiness is learning new things.

Looking good Leonard...I'm thinking this can be the next project for us to start when you come visit us again.
    Angela Busby
    Email: angela@3dbuzz.com
    PM (Private Message): Angela
    Need help with store orders, please PM me!

I've been bad again and away to long! Why does work and stuff keep getting in the way!
    Angela, you are thinking that we should build a CnC when I get down there next eh! Wish I could get back down soon, but spring will have to do!

At least I got a little more work done yesterday!

Name:	WP_20141124_009.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	298.4 KB 
ID:	74355

I can't wait until I'm building things with my own machine!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20141124_003.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	300.4 KB 
ID:	74356   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20141124_008.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	341.3 KB 
ID:	74357  

Nice! You're going to love the videos Logan has in the works.
    Angela Busby
    Email: angela@3dbuzz.com
    PM (Private Message): Angela
    Need help with store orders, please PM me!

I would like to post more images, but they look the same as the last. We recut new parts but they are still a little off, so adjusting the plans and cutting new parts so they will be tighter next week. Then assembly starts!

Ohhh, is Logan building one of these too!!!! I can't wait to see what he is up to!

Here is an update from yesterday. We did a lot of milling of parts. Lots of testing and reworking the plans but we now have the towers ready, so next week we mill the other side and we will have the Y installed. Then comes the parts for Z. I am parting together a machine right now and will order the new Mach 4 software for the controller. It is getting much closer to being alive!!!

Name:	WP_20141208_001.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	594.0 KB 
ID:	74360

I think I've been living under a rock. I didn't know there were kits for building CNCs for private home use. Wow.

I do know that there are kits for home CNC machines, but they are desktop units. This machine is totally scratch built. It is large, 10' x 7' in size. The wood parts you see being milled out on my friends machine were all designed from scratch in Inventor.
    Then it is buy lots of steel and aluminum and cut to size.
    Then it is decide how is this going to move... belts or screws. For this machine the X and Y are going to be belts and the Z will be screw driven.

The confusion on what machine I am parting together would be that I get sloppy when typing. The machine that I am parting together is a computer for the brains for the CNC.
    The Computer is the controller when I use the Mach 4 Software.

Hopefully we get to work on things tomorrow. I really would like to have the towers finished and mounted. Then we have only one more part to mill after that. Then it's all motors and wiring. Then fire it up and hopefully watch it run!

Kuanbyr, I've been following this adventure for YEARS! I cannot believe that you are finally so close to firing it up! That's going to be an incredibly exciting day! PLEASE keep me posted!!

It's been awhile since I've posted an update! Things are moving forward, getting close to time for me to buy all the motors needed to make this beast move. This Monday we should be cutting out the parts for the X and Z axis. I can't wait to see all 3 axis's moving!
    here is a current picture of what it looks like.

Name:	WP_20150209_005.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	588.4 KB 
ID:	74435

And this is just a peak at one of the things we can do, I did this on my friends machine that we are using to build mine.

Name:	WP_20150303_002.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	600.2 KB 
ID:	74436

Hopefully I'll be able to post more updates soon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast