Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MMO MySql Entity Framework with ASP.NET MVC Video

I have been working through the Auto Updater Videos and on the video "Entity Framework with ASP.NET MVC Video" I get the error "The provider did not return a ProviderManifestToken string." looking further at the error logs tells me "The provider did not return a ProviderManifestToken string. ---> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts." Im pretty new to MySql, Any ideas on this one?

MySQL has to be actually running on your system. It's not normally running on Windows unless you tell it to.

Thanks OldRod, I was going over the videos again starting from the MySql Intro and the errors that Nelson got where matching mine up untill the "Specified key was too long" error, instead I get

"An error occurred accessing the database. This usually means that the connection to the database failed. Check that the connection string is correct and that the appropriate DbContext constructor is being used to specify it or find it in the application's config file. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=386386 for information on DbContext and connections."

I guess this points to MySql not running on my machine, I just assumed that when I opened up Microsoft SQL Managment Tool that MySql would be running. I'll find out how to start MySql on my machine I guess.

Edited to add
    In the MySQL Workbench I get the following log
    2014-10-06 14:45:08 - Workbench will use cmd shell commands to start/stop this instance
    2014-10-06 14:45:13 - Starting server...
    2014-10-06 14:45:13 - Server start done.
    2014-10-06 14:45:14 - Checking server status...
    2014-10-06 14:45:14 - Trying to connect to MySQL...
    2014-10-06 14:45:14 - Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (10061) (2003)
    2014-10-06 14:45:14 - Assuming server is not running
    2014-10-06 14:45:14 - Checking server status...
    2014-10-06 14:45:14 - Trying to connect to MySQL...
    2014-10-06 14:45:14 - Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (10061) (2003)
    2014-10-06 14:45:14 - Assuming server is not running

I'm going to try and reinstall MySQL
    Last edited by GreyWalker; 10-06-2014 at 09:51 AM.

Solved Reinstalled MySQL seems to have fixed the problem, bad install maybe

do you get the solution ? if yes then plz share !

error on ntext syntax, need help

i know that video series are a bit old but i tried to retake it and now i have a problem on the video that he start adding game setting , the problem is on the sintax of imigration for value : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'ntext,primary key ( `Id`) ) engine=InnoDb auto_increment=0' at line 1

looking around, it looks like newer versions of mysql removed ntext and people are suggesting to use nvarchar(max) will this do harm to the series and how it works or is this the proper way of going for it?

actually these both codes through error for syntax on trying the update-database :

Code:
    CreateTable(                "dbo.MMOSettings",
                    c => new
                        {
                            Id = c.Int(nullable: false, identity: true),
                            Key = c.String(nullable: false, maxLength: 128, storeType: "nvarchar"),
                            Value = c.String(nullable: false, unicode: false, storeType: "ntext"),
                        })
                    .PrimaryKey(t => t.Id)
                    .Index (f => f.Key, unique: true);
    Code:
                    c => new
                        {
                            Value = c.String(nullable: false, unicode: false, storeType: "nvarchar(max)"),
                        })
                    .PrimaryKey(t => t.Id)
    please help :/
    Last edited by css_maya; 06-11-2016 at 06:46 AM.
    If you want to learn something, start teaching about it to others, nothing will help you more than that !

Ok, NELSON Ii need your confirmation, looks like this works?

Code:
                    c => new
                        {
                            Value = c.String(nullable: false, unicode: false, maxLength: int.MaxValue, storeType: "text"),
                        })
                    .PrimaryKey(t => t.Id)
    this is the result table

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8987126c369a412c836c703a97236277.png 
Views:	107 
Size:	5.2 KB 
ID:	74625
    If you want to learn something, start teaching about it to others, nothing will help you more than that !

I use MySQL Workbench Community (GPL) for Windows version 6.3.6 CE build 511 (64 bit) and ntext is just fine.

well i got that error using the migration tool inside visual studio, my mariadb is latest i think something had changed but it looks like the code i have is working just fine

When I first got this error I'm pretty sure it was because I had different versions of the MySQL Data connector within my visual studio projects, when I updated them all so they were that same version it was ok. I've given up on the MMO Project and thrown the towel in tho. I got a couple of other errors later on in the project that I was unable to fix. Spent literately days trying to fix it and now I cant bring myself to go over hours and hours of video to track down a typo.
    Last edited by GreyWalker; 06-14-2016 at 01:36 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast