2d Tutorial finished!

I just finished the tutorial from you guys for 2d unity. I liked it quite a bit. while sometimes it was hard to see the text in the editor, it would be nice if you did a nice slow scan of the finished files in a video (or the end of a video for modified files) so that if we have problems its easier to look at our code vs yours, but would also still not let us copy the files.

As a side hint, make sure to save often! my computer restarted a few times in the middle of lessons and would just wreak havoc with the system and slow me down, not something for 3dbuzz, but a good reminder, when done for the day/video, save code, save project, and save scene, avoid my mistakes! lol

Now on to play with more items in it and watch some more videos.

Thanks!

Yes! I actually need this now haha. I am having problems about half way through the lessons and I am dreading the idea of watching through all of the videos all over again to check my code.

this has been mentioned time and time again, people requesting a code scan threw at the end of the videos because its nearly impossible sometimes to keep up with Nelson's speed typing/teaching method.

I just finished this also, and did have a few areas where I had to wind back the video a bit to catch my typos. Wouldn't a simpler solution be to just include the code so you can compare at the end of all our typing?

when I signed up for member sponsor way back when, it was told to me that no source code would ever be give to me, it would all have to be hand typed by me to prevent it from being released into the wild *aka appearing on warez and torrent sites* or some such reasoning.

But yes..it makes it hella hard to actually get a finished product that works, because one little typo somewhere can generate a ton of errors in your code. I know we've mentioned a couple of years back requesting that they scan the code at a couple of stages in the video..but it's never been done so far...keep suggesting things, maybe it will happen someday.

Hey there Alptraum360.

Thanks for the heads up. That does seem a bit goofy of a reason on 3D Buzz's part. If I were a pirate I'd just type up the code and upload it. I would think that the videos would be much more "pirate-able" than the code.

A very simple solution would be screen prints of the code (simple to do in editor) stitched together and packaged up for the buyers. It would be so much better for the paying customers and make the experience that much better. It would take some time on Buzz's end, and time is money...

They're only hurting the buyers ( I spent $14 ). The pirates will get it regardless.

The reason for not giving code is actually tied to this site phylosophy in that you, the viewer, will get more out of the content by typing it out.

Having problems with typing reflects some of the errors that might appear in your future project and teaches or encourages you to think about what is wrong, as opposed to running to the working code for reference.

The posting the code away is not something tied to them being afraid. I imagine that once you get to write it and having the feeling of accomplishment you would be less likealy to spoil the fun for others that might want to take a google search "quick peek" here and there and lose the above mentioned lessons.

In the end, it is just an idea, and, based on your your own experience with having to type it out, you decide if it was better this way.

I actually see this as something that makes them lose money from and admire the fact that they still stick to this principle. Could it be improved? Yes. Should it? That, and how much, is something to ponder on.
    Last edited by florem; 09-25-2014 at 01:20 AM.

still missing the main fact here...we have asked for years and years now..for them to do a slow complete scan of the code from start to finish...SOMEWHERE IN the video so we could see it all without having to rewatch the video more then several times in some cases to get it all..it is poorly displayed in some videos...again paying customers should be getting quality, and that isn't the case in some of these...they are hurried and rushed or never finished in some of the series.

from a past customer's point of view, it was really poor service, such a simple thing to fix, but customer requests ignored..we still had to type out the code...we were just asking to see more of the code longer in a complete section of video...there are no valid reasons I will agree with why this couldn't of been accomplished..again you tool my money and then shafted me....never again.

@alpatraum360

I was on the phone so didn't get to place the quotes from your post.

it was told to me that no source code would ever be give to me, it would all have to be hand typed by me to prevent it from being released into the wild
    My post revolved around the above quoted text and if you reread my previous post you will, hopefully, see that I mentioned about the typing of the code as opposed to giving you the code -the corresponding files or archive- alongside the video content.

The scan or pausing to show the video is something very valid, if not shown. I say this because I haven't been looking at their videos for some time but when I did I they did actually leave moments of pause for just that (referring, for programming, to C# 101, 102, C++ 101, C++ complete 1-3, php volume 1(?), html 5/css, udk with the visual scripting chapter ).

I understand that you want to see the code, at-least, at the end of the video as opposed to searching for that moment of pause or looking at the video again. That is a valid point, I would not use it but I understand its point of reasoning.

we still had to type out the code
    This is what got me started writing the first post and I still think you shouldn't be given the code but write it by hand.

again paying customers should be getting quality, and that isn't the case in some of these
    I feel that you are trying to turn this into a heated argument rather than a normal, on point, discussion. Please give some examples. Some concise things to work on or maybe watch out for. Don't treat your "audience" as gullible people that nod in approval when making generalizing statements.