Cool I put the 2D Buzz Saw game on an Android tablet :)

Hi!

Just want to thank Nelson and Steven for a fine Unity tutorial series. My favorite parts were the character controller, raycasting (I finally understand bit shifting now!) and the animations (frog explosion FTW!).

Overall, I think it was a good series. Maybe a bit too long with some redundant stuff, and sometimes Nelson went ahead a little too fast without explaining what he was doing. However, I think the ping-ponging between the two instructors could have been better, since it was almost solely Nelson talking all the time. Having watched previous videos such as the XNA 101 series, I do believe that a VTM gets better when there are multiple people discussing the material. I know that Nelson and Steven weren't physically located in the same room, but still, it adds a lot when both of the instructors talk/discuss.

Anyways, I just want to show how easy it was to "port" the game to Android (thanks, Unity!). Only thing I did was to change the controls a bit: when you hold touch the left side of the screen, you walk left, and right side walks right. To jump, press with two fingers. Shooting I just set to initial taps, since you are probably moving anyway.

Here is a video of it. Nothing fancy. It was a little difficult to hold the camera and play the game at the same time, hehe :P

My game portfolio: http://gustavdahl.net/

Awesome, Man! YEah, the more I learn about coding the more I'll chime in... Right now I'm limited to statements like "I like cake" and "whatsit-bits for stuff and things" It should also improve now that I'm on-site. Yay! That's awesome and congrats on the port to android!

Cool. Haven't watched your graphics videos yet, but will take a look soon

Even if you don't understand everything, you should feel free to ask Nelson "why do you do that?" or "what if you did it in this way instead?", etc. (just like the old days where Jason would act like being a student). Videos would obviously be longer, but I think everybody would learn even more with this approach

nice! I'm still stuck to where my rays are not spaced properly.. It bled out of the height of the player object.

BTW, I don't know what you "policy" is of checking YouTube comments, but a few of them people seem to having problems. Maybe they don't know that they can post on this forum and ask for help (you should advertise that in the videos, I think).

An example is this video about jumping: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqj_...bfkxCK_bjUD37n

Luckily, most seem to have solved the problems themselves

Haha, I agree. That will be much easier to do now that we're in the same room. I often would catch Nelson pausing for me to chime in, and by the time I started he was off talking again, so I'd shut my yap. We'll keep working at it! Thanks for the feedback, and congrats again!

We try to direct them to the forums, but we'll try and help him out. You're right, on a free series we should have included that in the intro

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I was looking to try the Buzz Saw game on my iPad. Do I really have to register as an Apple Developer and pay $99 to be able to do this, even if it's for my own use? Or am I missing something? Is there a tutorial on compiling and testing Unity projects on the iPad?