Animation for Intro to Computer Graphics Course

Here's an animation I made for an Intro to Computer Graphics course I'm taking. It was done with C++/OpenGL.

Note: None of the models were made in an external modeling package. Everything is modeled out of primitive shapes- cubes, planes, spheres, and cylinders. This was part of the requirements of the assignment.

Libraries used:

GLEW- extension loading
    GLFW- windowing, input
    GLM- vector/matrix math
    SFML- audio playback.

Audio tools: Ableton Live, Native Instruments Komplete

Any feedback people have would be awesome to hear.

awesome, I wish I had the skills and knowledge to do something like that. I hope you get loads more out of the course, good luck.
    I'm so negative, like an electron.

perspective seemed kind of funky moving in towards the building but was pretty cool to do all that without any external modeling packages.
    elevating to new levels of knowledge (that's the plan at least )

Quote Originally Posted by elevating View Post
    perspective seemed kind of funky moving in towards the building but was pretty cool to do all that without any external modeling packages.
    +1 What he said

Definitely nice job,... but do agree on the perspective/field-of-view when it was passing the building. Looked a bit too stretched.

Thanks, It's good to hear people liked it. I hear what you're saying about the perspective- I purposely put the camera low down, looking up, to sort of give that effect of the building looming, but perhaps I overdid it a bit.

This isn't bad at all. Looks like a solid project for an intro course. It looks like you took some time getting everything built and put in a fair share of details.

I agree that there's something wrong with the camera, but it doesn't look like a matter of the camera being low, but rather it looks like a fisheye effect. Did you alter anything in the camera settings, if that's possible in the method you're using?

Also, the scale of the car is way off compared to the gas station. As the car is animated, you'd probably do best to scale the gas station down to fit the car but which ever way is easier for you to do. Also, the lines on the road are too large for your car.

Scale can be a tricky thing to get right in 3D. In school I picked up a habit of having a mock person in all my environments that I call Steve. Steve is just a box that I've scaled to the average proportions of a 6' tall adult. I use Steve to size up all my pieces to make sure everything is in the right scale. Once you stand a "person" next to a door, car, set of stairs, etc, it becomes very apparent when something is wrong.

Wow, that`s awesome