Teams and Team Leaders: Brief Explanation and Team Leader Nominations

Hello once again, here's something that needs to be sorted out fairly promptly. I'm setting up a teams system to ensure that the project flows smoothly and that we can keep very nice track of progress. I plan on making a video overview of what a team leader should do and what a team member should do, these two things are very elegant in my opinion and videos actually are probably not needed, but I just want to be sure.

What is a team? A team is a distinct separated area of development which focuses on a specific type of thing. That's vague, but it should be, as teams will be formed as necessary. We might have a team for the whole of 3D assets, or we might split up into multiple teams to handle various styles of assets (weapons, houses, characters etc).

What does a team do? Build assets, anything that directly affects the game progress and is tangible is an asset.

What does a team leader do? Two things: Documents progress, and guides the team down a particular direction. The direction is in the form of a team todo list, which is what the team leader wants the team to focus on at the moment(which assets he wants the team to build). The team leader gets the items to go into the todo list from the Global asset list (officially decided upon assets that need building).

What teams do we have now? Technically none, because a team doesn't exist without a leader, by the next meeting, I hope us to have sorted out leaders for what are essentially the current areas we're working on. Please post a reply with any other teams we need a leader for, these are just some I can think of from what I've observed:

Comic Book
    Concept Art
    3D Models (all, don't think we need to split up at the moment, can always change this later)
    Code feature implementation.
    Game Design (game design document and what goes into it is definitely an asset)

The second major thing I want this thread for is nominating team leaders. You can nominate yourself or another person. The most important thing to realise is you need to use LibreOffice to create the Work Logs and you need to be able to attend the meetings every week to stay up to date on design decisions.

I would also like to nominate Derek (thecrow) to be the team leader of the Concept Art team. He's already pretty much doing that now so it makes sense to me.

Ok, so let's start nominating people for team leader!
    I'm so negative, like an electron.

I would define a team more vertically, a team is responsible for delivering features, content or assets that affect the Project and may be maid up of several fields of expertise. A team may contain a designer, a developer and a tester who work together to deliver features. Or it may consist only only of artists who are responsible for environmental concept art.

Your definition matches up pretty much exactly how I define a team too; A team delivers assets that affect the project(assets make up features). Although yours is a bit more rigid than mine. I intend teams to be able to function with an unlimited amount of members. If we were all in the same building working on this MMO, I'd probably have team members much more rigidly defined, but because people will be coming and going, we need a system that has the bare minimum of structure to maintain cohesion.
    I'm so negative, like an electron.