Question Glut include files

How do you know what the IDE is looking at Intellisense after compilation cannot find glut.h, gl.lib, system32 file. I put them into Microsoft Visual studio 12.0/VC/INCLUDE/

Could not directly follow due to not being .NET as in tutorial.

It's a bit difficult to try to interpret what your problem is; it would help if you posted the exact error message you are getting. My first thoughts, however, are that you could be missing some include directives.

Quote Originally Posted by jjWatt_OXO View Post
    I put them into Microsoft Visual studio 12.0/VC/INCLUDE/
    Don't do that. You will lose all control of your build environment and might even accidentally corrupt your VS installation by overwriting important files.

You should install the libraries to a custom location and then configure the compiler to find them at that location. In VS2012 this can be done either on a per-project basis using project properties (Right click your project in Solution Explorer->Properties->VC++ Directories) or (recommended) on a per-machine basis using property sheets (Display Property Manager by selecting View->Property Manager from menu; in property manager right click the appropriate profile (either Microsoft.Cpp.Win32.user or Microsoft.Cpp.x64.user), select Properties->VC++ Directories and adjust accordingly).
    The latter has to be done only once on your machine, while the former has to be done for every new project and has to be adjusted when compiling the project on a different machine. You can still start playing around with the former just to get things up and running for now, as property sheets can be a bit confusing at first (a bit of googling will help out though).
    Last edited by ComicSansMS; 08-14-2013 at 03:02 AM.

Thanks for the replies people: ComicSansMS; I put a path into include directories in solution explorer, for the header file and .lib. Although in the VTM .lib was put into a .lib folder in MSVS.net. Also placed a glut32.dll into system32 folder. The compiler is not finding the .h file and is throwing errors of not defined.

Getting my head around this; just about to google on user property sheets.

In Visual Studio 2013, path from main IDE page is Tools>Options>Projects and Solutions>C++Directories> Property sheet added as default?
    Thanks

gee's I mean how hard can this be I only want to add these 3 files from glut to the source code. .h;.lib;and glut32.dll to system folder/static/project
    Last edited by jjWatt_OXO; 08-17-2013 at 06:13 AM. Reason: new