Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @traxix: Yes, MonoGame supports 3D XNA content.

Check it out: http://www.monogame.net/showcase

And creating a fork of MonoGame simply means that you take their source code and start implementing your own features. Pretty much. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fork_(s...e_development)
    Official Nelson talking points breakdown: programming, mt dew, coffee, mcdonalds = 96%, guns = 3%, beer, boat, island = 1%

(4:06:05 PM) rflx: [23:03:45] <Adam1> well... he'll be running.. *puts on sunglasses* .. out of ammo. *YYEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHH*
    (4:06:08 PM) rflx: ^^ fixed

Quote Originally Posted by traxix View Post
    Does MonoGame support the 3D stuff like XNA too? Also I've heard the term making a "fork" of MonoGame to make a game, what does that mean?
    If you look at the MonoGame showcase on their website, they do show examples of 3D games. MonoGame is essentially the same development framework as XNA, except that it's open-source, and can be used to export to a larger variety of platforms (including, I hear, PlayStation Mobile). And that leads into your question about "forking" MonoGame; since it's open-source, you can download the source code and modify it. A "fork" refers to your own version of the code. That way, if there's something about the framework that you think could be improved, and you possess the skills to make those modifications, you can make it your own.

EDIT: Didn't see Staves' post, sorry.
    Last edited by Dan Buckles; 08-15-2013 at 02:36 PM.

No worries. Validation is appreciated.
    Official Nelson talking points breakdown: programming, mt dew, coffee, mcdonalds = 96%, guns = 3%, beer, boat, island = 1%

(4:06:05 PM) rflx: [23:03:45] <Adam1> well... he'll be running.. *puts on sunglasses* .. out of ammo. *YYEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHH*
    (4:06:08 PM) rflx: ^^ fixed

Yeah, thanks!

Good that you mentioned PlayStation Mobile. Does that mean MonoGame supports PlayStation 3? I have no idea how platform support is added, for example if I wanted to make a PS3 game?
    - Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.

Quote Originally Posted by traxix View Post
    Yeah, thanks!

Good that you mentioned PlayStation Mobile. Does that mean MonoGame supports PlayStation 3? I have no idea how platform support is added, for example if I wanted to make a PS3 game?
    Technically, you probably could use MonoGame for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 development (though I don't know how you would implement that). However, in order develop for Sony's consoles, you need to form a corporate entity (which you can get a lawyer to do for around $100) and go through the process of applying to become a registered developer. You'd probably have to purchase a developer kit and some sort of license as well. PSM, on the other hand, is a cheaper option, but with more limitations. PSM games can only run on the PSVita, PSP, and PlayStation-approved Android devices (such as the Xperia tablet). PSM would be great practice, though, before moving up; especially since they're offering PSM publisher licenses for free right now.

Check this link for more information about the PSM license: https://en-support.psm.playstation.n...etail/a_id/183
    If you're truly interested in developing for the console, check this: http://us.playstation.com/develop/
    Last edited by Dan Buckles; 08-15-2013 at 03:56 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12