Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by nitro52 View Post
    I don't know about that, i think there's a bit of complexity for someone trying to wrap there head around the language let alone learning parts of the framework.
    First off this is your opinion, try to learn how to be polite to other people, no need to point at their work and say thats wrong !!

You could have easily said your piece, without pointing at my suggestions and acting as if you knew better.

I could just as easily sit here and tear apart your suggestion, to the OP first lesson, be polite to others.

sounds nice and all Nitro52, i am limited on money only can afford one tutorial site and I like 3dbuzz. thanks for the help with great information.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro52 View Post
    Hi cid, I know what your feeling as i went through it to, I had a passion for programming and didn't get any official training. I have to teach myself. I started with a could of books but i find it hard to finish books. Something about it being a several day process that makes me drift away from it. I also started looking at video tutorials because i found i could understand the concepts quicker and easier. The one resource that helped me a huge amount was this training http://www.pluralsight.com. There programming video's are amazing, they take the time to explain the concepts before walking you through a demo. Its important that you try to walk through it with them and that's the handy thing about video's, you can pause and rewind them.

Start with their beginners c# tutorials and i think you'll go a long way in understanding it. The you could start targeting specific technology like WPF for windows applications. After this you could try to improve your programing skills, they have a great section on design patterns and best practices. These will help you right better code, the first application i wrote was when i was learning and it was designed so badly it became very difficult to manage and add to, its probably going to happen to you but its a great learning process. As the other's mentioned it does come down to practice. Don't give up hope, i now work as a .net developer, if i can do it so can you.

That is exactly what i am trying to do right now. i am stuck been pounding my head against everything that is close to me. going to be putting up a new thread on the code i am working on and maybe i can get some help why i am getting this error issue.

Ya'll been great!!

I am excited to learn a language but i have pound it in my head so i can get the concept of the language and comprehend it.

Quote Originally Posted by nGAGE View Post
    Considering that he's was saying 'hold in memory', I will boldly assume that he just wants to write a little console-program with a menu to add/remove and view contact-details, but not necessarily save anything to disk or database. Which would mean; that after you exit the program, the next time you run the program, all the data (contact-details from last time) would be gone, just to be clear!

Before I jump to more conclusions here though, it might be good to ask what your current progress with the studies/tutorials is. Which tutorials/classes have you gone through? And what have you done so far?

If you could quickly get us an overview on those, we'll be better equipped in suggesting how to proceed.

First off this is your opinion, try to learn how to be polite to other people, no need to point at their work and say thats wrong !!
    Sorry if it came out that way, that was not my intention. It was not meant to be impolite, there is nothing wrong with your actual work. All i meant is that to learn how to store data as xml you need to learn the in's and outs of the xml classes. i remember going through that phase and then thinking how much easier it was to use json.net, a simple 2 lines that and you don't need to understand how the guts of it work.
    Last edited by nitro52; 08-02-2013 at 09:51 PM.

Thats understandable, i haven't actually sat through all of the 3dbuzz c# vids but they should be a good start, nelsons corner is worth watching to wrap your head around some of the more advanced topics of .net and c#. Also they do have a free trial, might be worth looking at.

Don't worry too much about putting it all together, just put one piece down at a time and figure it out gradually, linking things together naturally in your mind. Eventually you will hopefully understand it all without going mad.
    I'm so negative, like an electron.

Iron soul is right, these walls you hit when your first learning a language will help to reinforce the concepts. I think we all go through it in some sense.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12