Exclamation Error Playing Videos

Hi guys, trying to play a few different videos I get one of two errors (so far):

Error loading player:
    No playable sources found

Error loading player:
    HTML5 player not found

I think something has gone down somewhere. Will this be sorted soon?

Quote Originally Posted by coward View Post
    Hi guys, trying to play a few different videos I get one of two errors (so far):

Error loading player:
    No playable sources found

Error loading player:
    HTML5 player not found

I think something has gone down somewhere. Will this be sorted soon?
    Do you have flash installed on your browser?

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
    Need any help? Feel free to PM me - or send an email directly to nelson@3dbuzz.com!

Ah yeah, this is a fresh install, so that was it.

Now Firefox doesn't have the problem, and I am on Windows 8, so IE 10 just needed to have the ActiveX filtering turned off.

Any plans to serve it up with HTML5 instead?

Quote Originally Posted by coward View Post
    Ah yeah, this is a fresh install, so that was it.

Now Firefox doesn't have the problem, and I am on Windows 8, so IE 10 just needed to have the ActiveX filtering turned off.

Any plans to serve it up with HTML5 instead?
    Sadly, the state of HTML5 video streaming is... well... not good. The primary concerns are that there isn't a single codec that works on all browsers and there is currently no DRM support. The closest is HLS - which only works on iOS devices.

HTML5 video can work alright if you don't need DRM, don't mind transcoding your videos, don't have an issue with allowing the browser to progressively download the entire (unprotected) video file, and have relatively small videos. Since all of these things are a concern for us, I don't see it happening soon. I will be taking a look at getting things to work with iOS again very soon, however - but that won't make any difference on the Flash requirements for desktops.
    Need any help? Feel free to PM me - or send an email directly to nelson@3dbuzz.com!

I thought part of the web redesign was a goal of allowing video on the iPad. Is that not happening now?

Quote Originally Posted by <> View Post
    I will be taking a look at getting things to work with iOS again very soon, however - but that won't make any difference on the Flash requirements for desktops.
    Like I said before, iOS supports a special streaming protocol called HLS that provides us with most of the functionality we need. So while bringing it to an iPad should be possible, it won't affect desktops.

Nelson,

I misunderstood. Desktops need flash support and iOS devices have different html5 configuration needs that need to be setup still.
    thanks.