Question TP Tutorial & Slopes - Stepping Issue

Heya! I've followed the TP Controller tutorial like so many others, but I've run into quite an issue that I can't seem to get around in any way, shape or form. I may have made a mistake when following the tutorials, but I've gone over it several times and I've come up with nothing.

When walking down slopes or sliding down slopes my character ends up 'stepping' down the incline. I'm pretty sure I understand what actually causes this, namely that the character moves horizontally outwards from its position followed by gravity being applied, making it fall down.

This is obviously something that shouldn't be happening. What I want is for the character to follow the ground rather than use world-space vectors when moving across a non-flat surface.

My question is; how would I go about if I want the character to take into account the normal vector of the ground below it?

I am interested in this issue aswell ! so, bump

I think it has something to do with a "proper" way to move a rigidbody. Do we use translate ? movePosition, velocity, addforce ?

Quote Originally Posted by y00b View Post
    I think it has something to do with a "proper" way to move a rigidbody. Do we use translate ? movePosition, velocity, addforce ?
    Having done a lot more research, most people I've come across appear to solve this via adding a constant downwards force to the y axis of the MoveVector. I haven't been able to successfully implement it yet though, as I need a reliable way to differentiate between an actual fall (where only gravity should apply) and a case where I'm walking down an incline.

Could you look to see the distance between the character and the ground is greater than x then it would be a fall. I think you can use a raycast for this.