Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wolfknightly's Concept art 2013

Here is what I have so far.

I decided to get a try at environment. Sadly it turned out nothing close to what I had in mind. Still, as a first go of it, I think it turned out OK.

hey bud to me your environment seems a bit "muddy"
    but its already better than what i would come up with so keep up the good effort! ^^
    Life is too short to worry about things

Thanks Bakil. I agree it is muddy, but it is also supposed to be more of a rough sketch than anything else. It didn't come anywhere close to what I had in my head but that is OK, because I don't really have any experience drawing nature scenes, so this was a pretty decent first go at it, I think. It looks kind of pretty from far away or if you shrink down the picture enough, but that was not really what I was going for. I wanted to do something more alien then how it turned out. What I ended up with was something a little to earth like.

The good news is that it was a good learning experience for me, and I have at least learned a few things to make it a bit easier for me next time. It also has giving me new ideas to try that are even better than my original concept, one at which I failed to realize.

Just playing with the tools in photoshop gave me some happy accidents that I didn't really use, but it inspired my mind to start thinking about how to use them, and imagine some concepts that might go good with them. It is like sometimes you see things in what you experiment with that have a cool look, but they don't really seem to fit into the scene you have made, so you begin to wonder where it may.

I plan on working on this more, but not this week because I really need to get back to character work. I am glad I took the time to mess with this though, as I feel it was a bit of a creative palate cleanser for me. I think it helps to do something artistically different to open up your creativity instead of risking getting tunnel vision. I feel more inspired to get back to character drawing now.

The character reminds me of Avantar,but they are different,right?
    As for the environment,I think the road is a little narrow,trees are not painted very well,but the color is special.
    render farm
    2,000 servers,each has 2 Intel Xeon E5645 processors,24-64GB RAM.

New male head drawings. They were rushed, but I still think they turned out well enough.

Alright here is the mid res version of the image planes I made for the last meeting. The lines I traced from a screen shot I took of Derek's image planes for the male Elythian. I added color shading, skin marks, and hair on some. It is very fun to mess around with trying different colors together. My favorite is the pale brown gray skin with the brown gray markings, (this first one to have hair).

This is a lowered resolution.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mmo male image plane sheet 1c midres.jpg 
Views:	1710 
Size:	392.9 KB 
ID:	73611
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mmo male image plane sheet 1c smallres.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	229.2 KB 
ID:	73610  
    Last edited by Wolfknightly; 04-30-2014 at 10:38 PM.

Love it!! Love it love it

Here is some more concept art I have done recently. I have them posted in my other thread but they should be here too.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MMO class Male to dress3 Set1 MRes.jpg 
Views:	658 
Size:	310.8 KB 
ID:	74180   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MMO class Male to dress2 BaseOutfit2 set1 mRes.jpg 
Views:	757 
Size:	388.0 KB 
ID:	74181  

Well I have already posted my light armored, and medium armored human concepts, now I am happy to be able to show you all my heavy, human armor.

I am really happy with how well it turned out. There is one issue though, and that is the gears on the arm, the piston thing that connects from the armor on the upper arm to the armor on the forearm. I simply made the forearm armor that the piston attaches to too high. It needs to either be below the elbow line, or to be changed in other ways. The problem is that when the arm bends, the armor of the forearm will stick out behind the upper arm, thereby snapping the piston in half. If the forearm armor were below the elbow things would work fine how they are.

It is just something I was having trouble picturing when I did it, and then afterwards I was able to picture how it would have to work. But that is cool, because that just means that I got to learn more about design and now with my new found knowledge, I will not be making that mistake again.

Anyway, I feel I am done with it, and fixing things like that can be done by the modeler. The purpose of the concept art has been achieved.

I also thought it would be fun to show one of my older concepts for the human soldiers I did, not too terribly long ago, for this project. I still like the concept, but I have really come a long way in a relatively short time. Now this is not a completely fare comparison because it was something I did in something like an hour before class, I think, so it was really rushed. But still, I don't think it would have been all that different if I had spent more time on it. It would have been colored and shaded nicer, for sure, and I may have designed it to be a better profile.

The idea was that loosing limbs in the future may not be a disability in battle, and in fact may be an advantage as such a soldier could swap out different limbs to fit their situation, giving them unique abilities. In his off hours he would put is civilian legs on.

Edit:

By the way I did this before I they had trailers for that Tom Cruise movie where they have guns on the shoulders like that.

Name:	MMO Commander c1 MRess.jpg 
Views:	527 
Size:	109.4 KB 
ID:	74269

Name:	MMO class Male to dress Armor4 set2.jpg 
Views:	862 
Size:	320.6 KB 
ID:	74268
    Last edited by Wolfknightly; 07-24-2014 at 01:39 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast