Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

You are correct is is very difficult to manage, but maybe geometry will help.

There are many approaches you could take to determine when a decimal will equal a whole number. I am not sure that my previous explanation of comparing a circle of circumference of the decimal number to a proportion of a circle of circumference 1 solves anything. The remainder would have to be multiplied to it hits an even number.

Not so easy to picture, but a diagram would show it is just like the Mod of integers. That is a circle with a remainder. However decimals tend to be something we could work with. I know it is cumbersome, but I theorize it would give a better picture than brute force factoring. I am just intuitively making theories on this. It would take a lot to crunch numbers about it.

But if it worked the only thing that would matter on a hundred digit number is the remainder. And perhaps I could research how to use calculus and differential equations to determine when the proper decimal is being approached. (I say research because I only had 2 semesters calculus and this is a new technique.) But you are right that the complexity is a problem, but like all good solutions, intuitively, I say it can be simplified.

The definition of Prime numbers is based on integers being multiplied together. If you were able to use decimals it would break the definition and be meaningless. Or would it since we are determining where those decimals are becoming whole numbers? And if that decimal was determined to become a whole number after the desired value you would know that decimal does not divide into the given number, instead it turns into a whole number, if ever, at a larger number.

Also there is a problem of their being infinitely many decimals. I don’t think you would need to test them all. If your decimal was getting infinitely smaller with many infinite steps to multiply it to a whole number, I don’t think it would be a candidate. Again we’d be using calculus and determining the limit.

I’m sorry my reply was slow. I am just trying to think what makes sense and what is junk. Thank you for the reply. Please let me know if this reply makes any sense. My answer to your comment is that not all decimals need to be used and I leave you with a question: Can all integers be written as decimals rotated (multiplied) by and integer? And the answer is yes. So the real question is: “Is there a useful pattern? I don’t know.

I wrote the above on Jan 15th and did not post it because it is confusing. What I am trying to do is look for patterns in decimals; specifically between 0 and 1. Yes I know that every Prime number has a decimal remainder when you divide it by an integer, but this is different, I believe. I agree there is mass confusion and a daunting task to program this in a program like Mathematica. I do not have a solution or even know who to program it yet. But if you program it like a modulus (the circle revolutions proportions I talked about) then there is a starting point. The geometry will solve complex series and data. But I realize that this post is confusing and does not yet present a solution.
    It's all about ideas.

constructorscorner.com

A math idea written on a napkin

Radius of (1/(2*Pi) has a circumference of 1
    That is the inverse of 2Pi
    S= r * theta

Say you have a circle of circumference of 0.26 and wrap a whole number say 144 so that it is 144 divided by 0.26 with a remainder of this division.

Take a circle of radius (0.26 / (2*Pi))
    Having a circumference of 0.26 units

Now take the proportion of the angle the remainder forms and find the proportionate angle on the circle of circumference 1

The angle is the same. However the arc length (S) is larger

This represents how the remainder relates to 1; since all numbers divided by one equal that number.

So on the circle of circumference of 0.26 the angle of the remainder carved out of the circle from the start point’s arc length is the remainder
    AND
    the area below this angle is the inverse or the remainder when 144 *0.26

Back to the proportion on the circle of circumference of 1:
    Adding 0.26 to this proportion till it reaches a whole number (the start point of 1 unit circumference circle.
    (Note I am not using real numbers here. I did not plug and chug or even prove this. I am not sure how a proportion can be compared to 1. I realize that the proportion to a unit of 0.26 would be 1 to 1 on the circle of circumference 1. But I am only recording this so someone may get an idea that would prove (or disprove this. It may not be good math but it is trying to do something new.)

If this did work then you would have a pattern

0.26 * 144 + Summation (0.26*x) = [0.26 * 144 + Summation [(0.26*x)] * ( 1/x) ]

This is not correct but I believe an equation could spark ideas.

It looks like bad math and indeed it might be. But you ever draw a sketch on a napkin. This is my napkin. I am not afraid to look dumb to lose what could be a great idea. What do you guys think?
    It's all about ideas.

constructorscorner.com

Back Me On Kickstarter

I have started a project on Kickstarter. So I guess my efforts on one way functions will be submitted to my Backers. But the Backers are not just funding they are participants.

I have been posting here for quite some time and have gotten many views and some feedback. I don’t know if anyone believes in my project. But I am also researching a local cryptographer from Pittsburgh, PA who served during WWII.

I would like to apply my math theories to a computer program that runs.

I need 20 Backers at $2 a pledge. In return I offer a paper summing up the knowledge. And also I will try and share new things I haven’t before. Plus I ask my Backers to participate and the creative work will be fulfilled.
    My project lasts 60 days from 2-10-2015. If you are interested my project is at:

Here's your project URL:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-way-functions

Please consider joining my team and Back me on Kickstarter

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-way-functions

This is my Kickstarter project.

I have posted enough information on 3DBuzz to find the product of two Prime numbers. But I offer a solution to a 7 digit number (in the millions).

I would be honored to work with you and share my ideas. It is a minimum of $2 and the project will happen because I have already reached my goal. It is not about the money but the idea.

If you have been following my 3DBuzz posts and never really put it together I offer a 3 line calculation that will solve everything. I don’t know much about using 256 bit numbers but I am working on it.

Back me today and you will have access to the 7 updates I have posted the solution. But if you were reading along this thread you probably already interested.
    It's all about ideas.

constructorscorner.com

I don't understand what you are going for. Your Kickstarter project page says "RSA dates back to 1977 and large Prime numbers are still difficult to impossible to factor." But ALL prime numbers are impossible to factor, because if a number can be factored it isn't prime, by definition. Prime numbers are numbers that have no factors other than one and themselves.

Do you see what I mean? It would be like saying "Large odd numbers are still difficult to impossible to divide evenly by two." But the very definition of an odd number is that it can't be evenly divided by two.
    Last edited by pellea72; 03-03-2015 at 11:27 PM.
    "I don't WANT to pet the chicken."

This is exactly why you need to become a Backer!

The problem is not my equations but my words. I am not factoring Prime numbers, I am discovering them knowing only knowing the product of those 2 Prime numbers.

RSA and most public key cryptography relies on this. It is more complicated and I admit I don’t fully understand how RSA works. I am just using math to destroy the one way function of Prime products.

I hope you consider my project. It is fully funded. I am just looking for participants. For you I offer this pay the 2 dollars and if you are not amazed by the update that basically demonstrates an equation that can be just plugged and jugged into, I will refund you $2.

Please consider Backing

I extend my $2 refund to the next 5 3DBuzz members who Back me on the previous KickStarter Link!

I am trying to develop a team. The money is not important. The trouble is not that the equation does not work, the trouble is the equation needs to work with 256 bit numbers. Which I don’t know how many digits that is.

I have had success with numbers in the hundred millions. There are drawbacks, but there is something here.

Also I am not trying to cheat anyone or pull a prank. I am a 3DBuzz member sponsor and have given my identity in order to receive training. So this is no scam. I have 6 backers and have met my goal of $20. However if the right person sees this it will change encryption as we know it.

So if you pay $2 and are not impressed by the effort I will refund your money when I put together the paper by August. But if you know this is pretty much free at $2 then you are welcome. Let’s put our minds together.
    It's all about ideas.

constructorscorner.com

Unclassified Data; Please condier Backing 18 days left $2

It has been brought to my attention that while I am posting many updates, not everyone understands what we are trying to solve. I will elaborate.
    In cryptography to keep secrets you need a scrambled message. This message is scrambled according to the keys. Having keys makes it secure, but there is no way to transport the keys so the person receiving the message can decode it.
    This transfer of keys was cumbersome till the 1970’s when public key was invented. By the sender enciphering the message with the recipient’s own public key the receiver could then decode with their private key. The private key is known only to the receiver.
    RSA is one of the first and most successful public key encryption. It is based on factoring. Of course there is more to it, but for simplicity the public key is determined by n where n is the product of 2 Prime numbers. In equation form it is n = p * q or in the equations we have been using N = x * y.
    So in simple if you can factor “n” (or in our case it is call “N”) to find the factors x and y, you can defeat RSA and the majority forms of current cryptography. So we are given “N” and plug into our equation (These equations are the Mathematica input and outputs I posted!) and get the smaller factor x! Once we know x we can find y. Here x and y would be the part of the private key.
    This is what we are doing; Defeating the factoring of numbers mathematically. It is not an attack based on the algorithm of RSA; it is the defeat of the factoring. Factoring is what RSA uses to be a one way function. That is how public key cryptography works: numbers plugged in one way is a simple calculation but reversing the calculation seems impossible.
    The one-way function is the N = NP problem. I don’t believe in one-way functions. If a function modifies a set of numbers, it only makes sense that it could be reversed. Factoring does not seem like a function but rather the multiplication of numbers. I hope that you understand that this equation has just used an equation, though complex, that just solved factoring in polynomial time. (Polynomial time just means that the equation is solved by a mere calculation and not factoring each number until x is found.)

So we are here simply solving n = p * q. There will be more effort to reverse the encryption. That is why 256 bit numbers need to used. RSA relied on the complexity of the factoring.
    Now I am looking for public keys and large n’s. But it is important to understand what the equation is and what we are trying to accomplish. I hope this makes it clear but if there are any questions feel free to email me.
    It's all about ideas.

constructorscorner.com

This is so far over most of our heads here, why are you even posting it ? I think you'd get a much more useful feedback posting on a forum dedicated to cryptography or something full of math geeks.
    Current Dev machine: Intel Core i7 3930K Asus P9X79 Pro, 64 gb DDR3, EVGA GTX 590 3gb, Corsair 750 W PSU, ThermoCool Armor Case, 3x Asus 27" LED's, Kingston HyperX 120 gb SSD x2 0,1 Raid ... I like to go fast

Dev Laptop: Macbook Pro 15'' 2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7, 16GB, 512GB ssd, Nvidia Geforce GT 750m 2GB

Good Bad, don't matter, im the man with the gun.
    Check out my current Shadowrun/Cyberpunk MMO project at coming soon (

Amateur ideas for Amateurs

Yes that is good advice to post to a cryptography message boards. But here at 3DBuzz I have always liked the camaraderie of sharing projects.

As to above your head it is not. It is college algebra and geometry. I am designing this project as I go and my explanations have not always been the best. I am an amateur and the descriptions are far from perfect. I posted here because this is a learning community and is exactly why you should back my project.

I took the factoring of 2 Prime numbers: n = p * q and showed it is not a one way function. Knowing n, I can solve for p. There is the fact that people don’t believe me or aren’t really impressed. I figured this community would be.

I am defeating RSA public key cryptography by fining p knowing only n. To most they wouldn’t believe me. It is a problem that has a prize of a million dollars. It would also mean that RSA alone would not protect enciphered files or be a way to authenticate users. But with 25,000 views of this post maybe I have sparked interest. Aren’t you the least bit interested in if all or any of my posts were true? What if by reading my posts to KickStarter Backers you saw a 3 line Mathematica code that could give p knowing only n? It would make you see one way functions in a new light.

I have posted to other forums and your right that I should. However I recommend that you become a Backer for $2 and we will work on this project together. The knowledge learned by my first 13 updates alone are worth the price of admission.
    It's all about ideas.

constructorscorner.com

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast