Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Photoshop 8

In theory? Yes. In practice? Who cares! Unless it is free upgrades like NewTek offers, it reallt doesn't effect the end user. Hard Cores will know enough to know if they should upgrade. (And they probably will upgrade regardless.) Meanwhile, the rest of the userbase won't be able to upgrade, in all lieklyhood.

looks like PS is catering for more film batch edits now.

this should habve been a 7 update not an 8. i mean what kind of an upgrade is "cleaned up code" jesus, the code should be clean and efficient already.

i would like to see photoshop with not only enhanced 16 bit support, but full 16, 32 and floating point support, WITH CLEAN CODE! now THAT would make an upgrade!
    Giggidy! Giggidy! Giggidy!

Although I agree pretty much every compnay announces that for EVERY upgrade be it a whole number or a decimal. I don't even consider it true anymore. In my mind every software available could have optimal code from the start. Nothing should have the required specs they currently have. Except for MAYBE some games. *MAYBE*.

Hmmm, I do like the sound of the nested layer sets (can't have enough sets ) and text on a path, but apart from that - nothing.

Although I thought that it already had adjustment layers (or WTF do I use?)? And I'm a bit curious about these "non-square pixels" (another WTF?).

Histogram palette, nested layer sets, and text on a path. Photoshop 8 will also include "filter layers," allowing for non-destructive image editing and manipulations, similar to Adobe After Effects' adjustment layers.

Wohoo looks like Photoshop is moving closer to Illustrator! AWSOME! I'll have a go at it at work to see if its worth while upgrading for me.

DOWNLOAD MY FREE PHOTOSHOP TEXT FX VIDEO TRAINING CD HERE

Special Thanks to: 3DWorldmag | Kaydara | Discreet | SideFX | Oregon3d | 3DUniversity | Pixologic • If you like what BuZZ does here then be sure to help support 3dbuzz by visiting our sponsors often to see what they have to offer. They are the ones that help keep the VTM project alive. • Don't forget to help spread the word about 3dbuzz anywhere you can...EXAMPLE OF SILLY IDEAS THAT HELP • Questions about 3dbuzz.com? READ THE FAQ HERE, you may find your answer. • Help support the future of 3dbuzz by becoming a MEMBER SPONSOR. Thank you to our current member sponsors!

3DBuzz.com + Trainingvids.com = you + omg so much knowledge cannot be put in words!

About the pixels, i heard their going to become circular and octagonal

In my mind, they should become triangular or circular. Triangles can make pretty much any shape. The only question is what time of triangle to use.

Originally posted by Demondo
    In my mind, they should become triangular or circular. Triangles can make pretty much any shape. The only question is what time of triangle to use.
    Unless they find a way to make circles tessellate, then there may be some problems (unless you want to draw a circle)

I'm looking forward to it

Originally posted by PhlegmMaster
    Hmmm, I do like the sound of the nested layer sets (can't have enough sets ) and text on a path, but apart from that - nothing.

Although I thought that it already had adjustment layers (or WTF do I use?)? And I'm a bit curious about these "non-square pixels" (another WTF?).
    They are talking about "filter layers". I'm guessing it will mean you can create something like a blurr layer, then hide it or throw it away later if you don't like it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast