Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Photoshop 8

Photoshop 8

I found an article about all the new features that photoshop 8, which will be released this year, will have.

here's the link:
    http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...,804807,00.asp

Its a good read

Cool but will v8 offer enough to get v7'ers to upgrade? i doubt it...
    Complaining is like a rocking chair, It's fun for a while but it doesn't get you anywhere.

ReNzO Guest
    sounds like a money question(?)

[EDIT] question? sp? [EDIT]

Maybe, I guess people will buy anything if the price is right, but ive always seen photoshop as a every other version upgrade, there never seems to be that many changes between versions to justify the price tag.
    Complaining is like a rocking chair, It's fun for a while but it doesn't get you anywhere.

ReNzO: Nah, this is normal. Every year every major company updates some of their software. There was a new Photoshop last year. There is a new office nearly bi-yearly.

phOny: It says the following on the updates:

Specific updates will include: NTSC/PAL/HD preview choices to compliment the existing CMYK Preview, a Histogram palette, nested layer sets, and text on a path. Photoshop 8 will also include "filter layers," allowing for non-destructive image editing and manipulations, similar to Adobe After Effects' adjustment layers.

The upgrade will also have tweaked 16-bit support, improved ability to work with non-square pixels, and significantly optimized and cleaned-up code on both the Mac and Windows side. Sources also noted that Adobe is working to leverage its PDF tools and functionality into just about all of its applications, across-the-board.

ReNzO Guest
    Sorry for my my poor English.

But i think the people who buy the software, are well known with the updates, becouse iam not a PS expert.

I think they are well selling there product, and progressing, also very well.

Well photoshop 7 almost wasn't worth the upgrade, so maybe 8 will add enough to make it practical. If only Adobe would lower their prices I bet 8 will cost about $700-800

I dont know the price of the upgrade yet but doesnt sound enough changes to justify a .0 version number to me, maybe 7.5 might of been more appropriate? hmmmm

But doesn't Adobe charge for .5 upgrades too? What's the difference?

I may be wrong (and probably am) but doesnt a .0 version number normally indicate a major upgrade and a intermediate version number indicate minor changes such as 7.1, 7.2 up to 7.5 etc...??? as in max 4.2 then max 5? i know they still charge but it would mislead people in to thinking it was a major upgrade a .5 or whatever version number would indicate a that it contains just a few changes...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast