Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Missing support files thread! Did I forget something? Post here!

Hey everyone!

I just got files uploaded for almost all of the video series. I'm currently missing three files (one from ADP and two from Maya Advanced Modelling) because IIS is stupid and won't let me upload large files though the site (so I'm going to have to do something different for them).

Where do I get download the assets?
    Exactly where they should have been all along. Simply go into the video series you want the assets from, and for series that have them, an "Assets" button will appear on the series sidebar. There is no massive list of everything anymore; if people find that useful I suppose I could build one, but this scheme of organization makes a lot more sense to me.

Still can't find what you're looking for?
    Please post in this thread letting me know which file is missing, what series it should be in, and where it used to be located.

Thanks!
    Need any help? Feel free to PM me - or send an email directly to nelson@3dbuzz.com!

In the video for session 3 of Unity 101 from Summer 2012, you have an Assets folder with the following files that get imported into Unity:

PlayerShip.fbx (missing)
    QuadSection.fbx (missing)
    SimpleShip.fbx (later in the video you delete this, say it shouldn't be there)
    SimpleShip.tga
    StarfieldCylinder.fbx (missing)

The Assets rar for the series (found: http://www.3dbuzz.com/training/view/...er-2012/assets) contains:

Stars_large.png
    Stars.png
    SpaceShooter_Win.png
    SpaceShooter_Start.png
    SpaceShooter_Lose.png

(the above png's should be there, used in the previous video, the following don't match up with what is seen in the video)

SimpleShip_MeshCollider.fbx
    SimpleShip.tga
    SimpleShip.fbx
    Asteroid.tga
    Asteroid.fbx
    Last edited by cilution; 01-27-2013 at 05:50 PM.

OK, I added in the three missing files.

@cilution: do you have a copy of that? Or actually, I think that was uploaded to Jason's Dropbox. I'll ask him about it when he gets back.
    Need any help? Feel free to PM me - or send an email directly to nelson@3dbuzz.com!

I am not seeing the files you added (not in either of the rar's)?

What are you asking me if I have a copy of, exactly?

can the IIS limit be only because it might use int for its size limit instead of unsigned ints? ints have a limit of 2,147,483,647 but unsigned have double that limit, since it doesn't use a bit for a signed number. Stuff you already know of course.

I am with you when it come to the stupidity of the programmers that still impose that limit on server engines. Main reason was (and for some browsers it still is) that the limit was locked at 2 GB in any browser, so to keep compatibility between client and server. But that was the case long ago. Now we have browsers that can accept much larger uploads, especially Chrome.
    10 PRINT "REPEATED TEXT";
    20 GOTO 10

RUN

The first program I ever wrote, in Microsoft BASIC (mid-80's, early 90's)
    And the last language I really learned and did stuff with it
    That was years ago, now have to learn to program again,
    having to learn many new way.

So that makes me a total newb in programming as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
    can the IIS limit be only because it might use int for its size limit instead of unsigned ints? ints have a limit of 2,147,483,647 but unsigned have double that limit, since it doesn't use a bit for a signed number. Stuff you already know of course.

I am with you when it come to the stupidity of the programmers that still impose that limit on server engines. Main reason was (and for some browsers it still is) that the limit was locked at 2 GB in any browser, so to keep compatibility between client and server. But that was the case long ago. Now we have browsers that can accept much larger uploads, especially Chrome.
    I ended up implementing a neat system where I could upload them via FTP and have the website automatically eat them up, move them and process them

very nice then
    20 GOTO 10

RUN

And since we are talking about videos and such here, in the C#102 classes recordings, you got the descriptions of subject covered and homework kind of skipped the week 1 class. I see Week 2 homework for the week 1, week 3 homework with video 2. That could become very confusing in the end. I have not checked for 101 or 103, I just noticed the issues because I am watching 102 classes at the moment.

Week 1 should have been about inheritance, and the homework was supposed to be the Pet class inherited by sub classes.

Seems like everything in the text below the videos have been shifted one week, missing week 1 real syllabus as I have noticed. And Week 7 has no text under video link, it just says Week 7.
    Last edited by Warhammer; 01-31-2013 at 10:45 AM.
    20 GOTO 10

RUN

The 3rd person character system assets (at http://www.3dbuzz.com/training/view/...-system/assets) only contain the character and the maya level sculpt. I believe it is missing all the level assets like the temple etc. Somebody at the Unity forum would like to use them.

i know .,,, but I am not sure
    i will give you the information later

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast