RavenDB Platform Dependant

Ok so Im going through these classes...

Why are we using ravenDB When it is platform dependant on windows with .net 4? This limits our releases to windows pc only, nothing else. To me part of the beauty of Unity is being able to deploy to so many different platforms. Ontop of that in terms of professional hosting windows servers are always more expensive than linux therefore it is less cost effective and cumbersome than using another more widely released and supported Database.

As a general rule i tend to stay away from anything that is dependent on only one platform. and in this case requiring not only windows but .net 3x+ when dealing with an MMO Situation in which you will need most likely a cluster of servers for zones and so forth it just doesnt seem like a very efficient and cost effective solution to utilize.

Could we get a bit more info on the Why?

You will find your answer later in the MMO classes hint: no RavenDB ^^

lol well i am most likely not going to use it in favor of something like sqlite or a more platform independant option. i mean data is data and data storage is data storage in the end all that i really have to change is the interaction code but its not like i cant store the same data. i was just wondering how dependant on the project it is in later videos when things are more intricate