Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Could we get a delay on the top menu of the forum?

The new site looks and works great, but there is one frustrating bit. Every time my mouse passes that orange menu up top, the big dropdown menu appears. That's not bad on the way up, but on the way down from clicking on a tab or my search bar, I don't always want to see that menu, but my mouse inevitably rolls over one of the menu options. Then I have to either choose something or click in one of the edges of my browser window not covered by this menu.

Can we get a little delay so that the dropdown menu only appears when the mouse has been over it for a moment but not when the mouse is just passing by?

Sorry if this has been mentioned and answered already. I'm on Firefox in Linux, by the way. And I appreciate all the work you've done, Nelson. Nice job overall.
    "I don't WANT to pet the chicken."

The drop down has gotten me a couple times but hasn't got to an annoying stage yet, but it would be nice to just click once to activate the drop downs.
    elevating to new levels of knowledge (that's the plan at least )

another vote for this one.

I will get to this issue soon.

In the meantime, are there any other suggestions besides requiring a click and adding a delay? I'm not a big fan of either of those to be honest, but if the way things are setup now are causing real problems for our members something needs to change.
    Need any help? Feel free to PM me - or send an email directly to nelson@3dbuzz.com!

How about a much smaller menu? That would pop and go away after the mouse passes and therefore be less of an annoyance. Maybe everything doesn't need to be in there, just headings to the various sections.

Edit: And by smaller, I'm thinking not much bigger than the main menu bar.
    "I don't WANT to pet the chicken."

As a sidenote, in IE 10 you have to click to get to see the menus.
    I'm not a big fan of either of those to be honest, but if the way things are setup now are causing real problems for our members something needs to change.
    Maybe an option (check box, text, icon) in the menu to choose whether you like to have it quickly jumping, delayed + current / smaller menus.
    Last edited by florem; 01-23-2013 at 02:28 PM.

+1 for click to drop menus or take to new page with menu items.
    Code Fearlessly!

Well Nelson, if it's any consolation, I think the menus are fantastic just the way they are.

is there a way you could set up a click option radio button in the user control panel?
    elevating to new levels of knowledge (that's the plan at least )

I really don't see how the menus popping up is such a big problem for so many people. There are many sites that do something similar. So, ok, I move my mouse to the top of the browser to get to the tabs, and a menu flashes on the screen for a second. It goes away once the mouse is off of it. It can't be disrupting a video you're watching, since if you're going to change tabs, you'd be navigating away from the video anyway... right?
    The odds of hitting your target increase significantly when you aim at it.
    Check out my iOS games released in the App Store!
    Tricky Treasure Fall
    Tap 'n' Scrap
    UFO Escape From Earth

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast