Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by florem View Post
    As a sidenote, in IE 10 you have to click to get to see the menus.

Maybe an option (check box, text, icon) in the menu to choose whether you like to have it quickly jumping, delayed + current / smaller menus.
    Well, that might be true for IE 10, but it seems like the majority of the users with this are using either FF or Chrome.
    PC Specs: Antec 900 ATX Case, Gigabyte 790GX Mobo, AMD Phenom II x4 955, Corsair HX620W PSU, Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3-1600, EVGA GTX 680 2GB GDDR5, 3D Vision Kit 2, LG 8x Blu-ray Burner, Intel X25-M SSD, 500GB+640GB WD Caviar Blacks, Win 7 Pro x64, DAS Pro K/B, MX518 Mouse, Logitech Z-2300 Speakers, Toshiba 32TL515U 32" 3DTV, Wacom Bamboo Fun Large Tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDemigod View Post
    I really don't see how the menus popping up is such a big problem for so many people. There are many sites that do something similar. So, ok, I move my mouse to the top of the browser to get to the tabs, and a menu flashes on the screen for a second. It goes away once the mouse is off of it. It can't be disrupting a video you're watching, since if you're going to change tabs, you'd be navigating away from the video anyway... right?
    It's very annoying if I move my mouse outside of the browser window over the tap area to do any number of things, including simply moving the window. Also, to clear the menu if you accidentally go over it means moving your mouse all around your screen.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." ~Rich Cook

The more I have been here I think a few milliseconds delay would work well.
    elevating to new levels of knowledge (that's the plan at least )

Quote Originally Posted by owensd View Post
    It's very annoying if I move my mouse outside of the browser window over the tap area to do any number of things, including simply moving the window. Also, to clear the menu if you accidentally go over it means moving your mouse all around your screen.
    Guess I just haven't encountered any issues with it.
    The odds of hitting your target increase significantly when you aim at it.
    Check out my iOS games released in the App Store!
    Tricky Treasure Fall
    Tap 'n' Scrap
    UFO Escape From Earth

What's even more annoying is if you are moving your mouse down from the top to click something on the page, but before you can, you need to clear the menu out.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." ~Rich Cook

Many sites have this kind of dropdown menu. I don't know why this one is more annoying than another one...IMO i like it that way, and if Buzz team needs to change it, that is not a priority...

I tend to always hover over the training or community menus and those take up about 90% of my horizontal browser space and about 60% of the vertical.

Most sites that have auto-displaying menus have them under a timing to avoid this behavior. See Amazon.com or the Autodesk website for examples.

Quote Originally Posted by crazydadz View Post
    I don't know why this one is more annoying than another one...
    I would say the difference is the size of some of the menus. They cover the whole width of the page's content and have a fairly large height as well. That makes it much more tedious to clear them by moving the mouse off the menu. A delay on opening would keep them from being inadvertently opened.

I do agree this is probably a pretty low priority issue.

I do not mind the menus that drop down with only text. I think it is the menu's with icons that cause a problem (at least for me). I find their menu's are too large; the community and Training menu's in particular. I do not find a problem with the Dashboard menu; it only has text. Along with what others are saying about having a delay, sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by ffejnosliw View Post
    I would say the difference is the size of some of the menus.
    You are right on that point.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast