my confusion about unity, im not too smart :)

There was a unity event i went to where the makers showed of their game. It was not too different from packman ?

On the buzz videos i see what looks like large scale maps, I am sick of FPS games. What i would like is a game more of the like of command and conquer with modern but not futuristit weapons.

I find some games too futuristic without much or not even game play as good as these old titles. I am starting frm scratch. I imagine you can use models made by others as ill never use blender or max, I have a bok on scripting, not yet opened it

Sometimes I find watching youtube lessons better than 3d buzz because my time is limited but forgive me I at times find listening to 3d buzz vids they take a real long time to get to a point.! Am i alone in this?

Still do you think as a newbie it would be a good idea to join as a sponser or should i try to go it on my own ? I want to make a game a little like command and conquer with some improvments.... thanks. Mick,

By the way, the bok "UNITY GAME DEVELOPMENT ESSENTIALS" JUST ARRIVED gAME DEVELOPMENT WITH cSHARP AND jASVA SCRIPT. iLL BE HOPING I UNDERSTAND OR LOK FOR IT ON EBAY

i SEE 30 PEOPLE READ THIS POST BUT NO ONE SEEMS TO WANT TO HELP WITH OPINIONS ? oh well.....

Im not that stupid, i make gadgets with arduino and picaxe and smart cards but game programming is a whole new story
    Last edited by Whiteoxe; 06-16-2013 at 01:42 AM. Reason: 170 people read this and nil response, thanks blokes.

Woo hoo ten characters

you are not really asking anything other then if the vids are long winded and if you should join as a MS. That is whether you learn better by book or visually. You have seen the free stuff on Unity, the MS is more advanced besides a class they had I think.
    elevating to new levels of knowledge (that's the plan at least )

Well... I have no information about this thread so I am unable to make any comment. I would go through it and then post my views here.