Thread: My First Macros

My First Macros

Heyy Guys,

I just attempted to shoot some macros (my first attempts at those). Let me know what you think:

Thanks,
    Chandan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	416980_4439405576225_496031701_n.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	73294  

That second one is interesting. Are you holding the camera or is it on a tripod? The images need to be a bit clearer. You don't want it to be blurry. It's harder to get clean, non blur photos when you hand hold the camera for macro, so a tripod usually helps. But good job for first attempts! Keep at it and I'm sure you'll get some really awesome ones!
    Captain Jack: "Who looks at a screwdriver and thinks 'Oooh, this could be a little more sonic'?"
    The Doctor: "What? you never been bored? Never had a long night? Never had a lot of cabinets to put up?"
    ---------------------
    “There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go and poke it with a stick."
    - The Doctor”

Looks great! But just work on background coloring as they don't match or looks good with the image!

Thanks Aaron.. I didn't get time to process the photos, they are straight off the camera- the background happened to be a bright yellow sunflower which the insects were sitting on, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by aaron2 View Post
    Looks great! But just work on background coloring as they don't match or looks good with the image!

looks awesome snapshot to me. its never easy to snap the pics from very close levels nice photography............

Awesome! What camera do you use?

Thanks Raven. I use a Canon 60D. And the lens used for these shots was a Tamron 90mm.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven777 View Post
    Awesome! What camera do you use?

Considering how difficult it is to capture sharp images of a moving insect even with a tripod, I think you have some great photos. I can't wait to see more.

The second picture is pretty creepy! What kind of spider is it?
    Angela Busby
    Email: angela@3dbuzz.com
    PM (Private Message): Angela
    Need help with store orders, please PM me!

Thanks, Angela! It sure was difficult focusing on those things at such a close range.. even the tiniest of movements would take the focus point away from the insects. I relied on some luck and the burst mode on the camera to get one that looked good.

Regarding the spider, not really sure what kind it really was. Happened to be rally tiny, the size of an ant maybe. And I was never good with my Biology knowledge :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Considering how difficult it is to capture sharp images of a moving insect even with a tripod, I think you have some great photos. I can't wait to see more.

The second picture is pretty creepy! What kind of spider is it?