I want to make touching a StaticMesh teleport the player in Kismet.

Here's my idea: I want to make a custom teleporter in UDK without the use of pre-made teleporters. I trying to do this by attaching a teleport function in kismet to a static mesh as an InterpActor. At the moment, touching the static meshes does nothing.

My ultimate goal for this is to make teleporters that I can move around with Matinee.
    Does anyone have good ideas on how to accomplish this?

Step 1 : Take the script for the UDK teleporter and replace the UDK model references with your model (Just like changing the bots). As far as animating it goes I assume it would work like any thing else. Have you tried to animated a teleporter?

I have tried animating a premade teleporter actor. It works perfectly in the editor but does absolutely nothing in-game. And I don't understand how to replace model references. Here's this: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled01.jpg 
Views:	310 
Size:	469.0 KB 
ID:	73249
    Both of those static meshes are ones that I converted to InterpActors. I additionally added them to kismet, shown here:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled02.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	396.3 KB 
ID:	73250

OK find the .uc file for the teleporter. Copy it and change the first line to read 'class your teleporter extends class whatever the original name for that class was' this makes a new teleporter that is exactly the same as the old teleporter. Somewhere on that page of code there is a line that references a model. Replace the path to the original model with the path to your model. You can actually go into the content browser and right-click on your model and 'copy full path to clipboard' (I think that's what it's called), and just paste it into the code. And bingo, you have a teleporter that operates exactly as the standard teleporter but which has a different model attached to it. As far as animating it, I don't know. You may need to attach it to something that's animated. Try that. Parent it to a stand or something and animate the stand instead.