Position of player in kismet

Hello!

I am in a group currently developing our very first game in UDK, and we're still in school so our knowledge of the engine and how to work with it is pretty much non-consistent. However, we have got some hang of how the kismet tool works and we have some very easy sequences done, though we are unable to find out (through google and this forum) a post which describes how to get the players position in kismet and is understandable for a person who just started using it.

So what we need to get help with is two things very similar to eachother:

The players position as a vector and the pawns position (as an object?) that can be used as a Destination in the Move To Actor action.

Anything that can help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance, Andersson

You can't access that information via kismet, you'd have to use uscript.

What you can do is move the player around using the teleport node.

Action > Actor > Get Location and Rotation with a Player variable as the target should be able to get you the player's position as a Vector.

I'm not sure what you mean by "pawns position (as an object?)".

or what jeff said ...

The real question is why are you looking to do this? I can't think of a reason why you would need to do this in Kismet. By default any pawns on an opposing team will hunt down the player and attack him. I point this out because, although it will work, Kismet is probably the worst way to do anything like this in UDK. It's just not all that efficient and pretty much on a par with building an entire game using only UDK's builder brushes.