Having trouble making Crowds in UDK

So i have followed the tutorials for crowds and I can't seem to get it working. Everything is set up, my archetype my paths between the crowd destinations. But i am having getting a NAV mesh from my pylons to show up in the view port after i build paths. and when I add the UTcrowd spawner in Kismet it does not have the dialogue to add the archetype in the spawner above the light channels like in the tutorial. I am running the March release of UDK. Did epic change the way it works or did i miss something?

They changed something - looks like the manager is the thing to figure out but I am still stuck too. I posted about it in Epic forums and was referred to http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/CrowdSystem.html which did me no good sadly.

just found the example crowd list - works great.

1. goto "Content Browser" > "actor classes" tab > UNcheck 'UseActorAsParent' and 'PlaceableClassesOnly'

2. Scroll down and look for "GameCrowd_List of Agents

3. Right click on it and select "Create Archetype"

4. Name your archetype (ex: "CrowdList_01" ) and put it in a package. Select it in the package and open its properties. Under "List of agents" add your Crowd agent Archetype which u must have created already.(or create a one just like it says in the tutorial video)

5. In your Kismet crowd spawner in the "Crowd agent list" field , assign your new List of agents Archetype (ex: "CrowdList_01" ).

This worked for me... but now i got a problem.... :P

the crowd is not running.. they are just standing and slipping to the end of the path... can some one help me.. how to make them act runing??

Thanks chathura, i've been wondering about that.
    I've just followed the 3dbuzz crowd tutorials, but like the OP, i'm having touble getting the navmesh to display after building the paths too. When i test the level after completing the tutorial, no robots spawn at all. I'm wondering if there is some stage where you have to choose a mesh to spawn, that i somehow missed in the videos, or if it's just not working because of this navmesh thing.

U have to press "P" key to show paths in your view port(or go to " view port menu(the down arrow) > Show > Paths" in perspective view )
    did u do the "step No. 4" correctly? then it should work.. only thing is that the robots are not running.. they are just flying..
    ( maybe u should try waiting for some seconds(around 10secs) until they are spawned )

Ah, cheers for that, I can never remember the hotkeys. They're all spawning right as well now, so i don't know why it wasn't working when i last tried it, maybe it just needed re-opening. Ta guys.

I can't seem to get the Agent Archetypes bar in kismet in the UT Crowd Spawner properties. I'm new to UDK, but this is the first thing I've been stuck on thus far. I'm wondering if it's because I'm using the 2010-09 version of UDK. If not, I followed the instructions exactly up to that point, so it would likely be an issue with the packaging. I tried using chathura666's instructions as well and it's still not appearing. Any thoughts? I've tried to get the crowd working without the Agent Archetypes bar but so far, it's a no go.

Thanks!

-So i have the july 2012 udk
    -I had to create two archetypes from the actor class:
    -UTGameCrowdAgent and GameCrowd_ListOfAgents
    -GameCrowd_ListOfAgents can only be found by unchecking
    -"Use Actor as parent" and "Show Categories"
    -in the upper left of the actor classes window
    -in the content browser click on the archetype you created from the
    -GameCrowd_ListOfAgents
    -open up its properties
    -Under list of agents select “Add New Item”
    -In the new item slot, add the other archtype you created from
    -“UTGameCrowdAgent” to it
    -in the kismet open up crowd spawner properties and In the crowd agent list add the archtype you created from
    -“GameCrowd_ListOfAgents”
    -In the crowd agent list

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9PGgLojFB0
    Last edited by fatgav; 10-01-2012 at 10:10 AM.