Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    I think 3dbuzz's approach to video content through submitting them on DVD was a success. At least we knew we getting a complete product. As I have been with this company for quite sometime I have learned a lot form those DVD's.
    However recently it’s only the member sponsor videos were released. And from my experience it was slow and wasn't that pleasant to rewind the parts you missed and watch it again without waiting to stream over and over.
    So my request is if you can please have both options to buy "DVD" and "streaming" for those who are happy to pay full price for a good quality DVD. It doesn't even have to be a DVD even a simple download would be great.
    And I do understand having streaming content helping 3dbuzz to keep paying member sponsors. And in my case I’m happy to keep my member sponsor account up just to get fresh content. But I want those DVD's as well. It will make my life much easier and I’m sure buzz want his customers to get most out of his lessons.
    Last edited by neozmatrix; 10-05-2012 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by neozmatrix View Post
    I think 3dbuzz's approach to video content through submitting them on DVD was a success. At least we knew we getting a complete product. As I have been with this company for quite sometime I have learned a lot form those DVD's.
    However recently it’s only the member sponsor videos were released. And from my experience it was slow and wasn't that pleasant to rewind the parts you missed and watch it again without waiting to stream over and over.
    So my request is if you can please have both options to buy "DVD" and "streaming" for those who are happy to pay full price for a good quality DVD. It doesn't even have to be a DVD even a simple download would be great.
    And I do understand having streaming content helping 3dbuzz to keep paying member sponsors. And in my case I’m happy to keep my member sponsor account up just to get fresh content. But I want those DVD's as well. It will make my life much easier and I’m sure buzz want his customers to get most out of his lessons.
    Hey Neozmatrix, yep, that is already a feature on the new website. You'll be able to purchase pretty much any video set that we do on DVD and we are currently looking into offering it as download, too.

Many thanks for your feedback. I'm feeling confident that the new 3D Buzz website will make a lot of people happy.

Cheers,

BuZZ

Quote Originally Posted by busbyj View Post
    Hey Neozmatrix, yep, that is already a feature on the new website. You'll be able to purchase pretty much any video set that we do on DVD and we are currently looking into offering it as download, too.

Many thanks for your feedback. I'm feeling confident that the new 3D Buzz website will make a lot of people happy.

Cheers,

BuZZ
    What about live classes? Once they lose their value as exclusive member sponsor content...what about offering them for download. Either x dollars per item or set...or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by NinaCovington View Post
    Very welcome! Hey if there are classes that you guys are interested in us offering, please by all means, tell us! We care about your feedback! Now time for coffee
    I would also love to see some vtms on working with udk and mobile devices. Just throwing it out there.

I would like to see more art classes. Things like digital drawing/painting (I know the drawing class is in the works). Maybe some design classes (such as concept art classes, or level designing/story designing for video games?).

One thing just came to mind. For those of us that have purchased dvds, will we be able to access the content through the streaming system? Or will that be a MS-only perk?
    Please, call meg Johnny.

Photography 101!

My photography site

Quote Originally Posted by NinaCovington
    Hahahahaha! Yes!!!!! You are awesome, Clone!!!!

I believe that streaming is now included with DVD sales, and thus giving access on back orders should be available on request ... but don't quote me on that.

I actually have a couple more tutorial suggestions. There are tons of tutorials all over the web including 3DBuzz on 3D game art/assets but still haven't found a really good set of tutorials on creating 2D game art and assets. I know Zak did a few 2D assets on the XNA series but a complete tutorial on creating 2D art would be awesome. A lot of games that are produced for mobile devices and even XNA games are still 2D and this would complement your upcoming mobile programming tutorials. You could cover things like creating tile sets for level creation, sprite sheets, 2D animations, HUD elements, Bitmap fonts, etc...

Next a series on texture creation would be awesome. Finally a series on DirectX and HLSL would be a good series. DX and HLSL is something I'm already familiar with but think would be a good fit for your C++ students as this is one of the next logical steps. C++ and DirectX will be one of the ways used for developing apps on Windows 8.
    " Imagination is the preview of life's coming attractions " - Albert Einstein
    " If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

My Website: http://www.gamedevlounge.com/

If any post is informative please provide positive feedback by clicking the star below.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone3d View Post
    One thing just came to mind. For those of us that have purchased dvds, will we be able to access the content through the streaming system? Or will that be a MS-only perk?
    At this point, I am pretty sure the plan is that any DVD purchase automatically allows for streaming the content regardless of member sponsorship.

Quote Originally Posted by joepug View Post
    What about live classes? Once they lose their value as exclusive member sponsor content...what about offering them for download. Either x dollars per item or set...or something like that?
    We are thinking of offering downloads, but the logistics are very tricky. If we do, it won't be until after the site is launched.
    Need any help? Feel free to PM me - or send an email directly to nelson@3dbuzz.com!

Quote Originally Posted by <> View Post
    At this point, I am pretty sure the plan is that any DVD purchase automatically allows for streaming the content regardless of member sponsorship.

We are thinking of offering downloads, but the logistics are very tricky. If we do, it won't be until after the site is launched.
    +1 For downloads, I like to keep a copy on my laptop and on a USB stick for offline viewing.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678