View Poll Results: Would you participate in an UDK 102 class?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, definitely!

26 68.42%
  • Maybe

6 15.79%
  • No

6 15.79%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool How much interest is there in UDK 102?

Even though Zak left, I feel there is a general interest in keeping the UDK series going. Of course Buzz and co. need to find replacements first, but let's use this thread to express how much people want to have more UDK (live) series.

So: Vote 'yes' if you want to participate in an UDK 102+ series
    My game portfolio: http://gustavdahl.net/

I really enjoyed UDK101, and was looking forward to UDK102, which as I understood was going to be mainly Unrealscript. Even though Zak has left, I would still be very much interested in such a class

Yeah. However, they are replacing Unrealscript in favor of C++ in Unreal Engine 4. But who knows when UE4 is going to be freely available like UDK.

I would definitely be interested in a UDK 102 class!

Count me in.
    I've met people who don't think 'real' nerd girls exist.

b-bu-but I exist...

/me wouldn't be surprised if FFEJNOSLIW led the class (even though he works for Epic now).
    After all, he IS Epic Games' ambassador to 3D Buzz, so it would seem fitting.
    PC Specs: Antec 900 ATX Case, Gigabyte 790GX Mobo, AMD Phenom II x4 955, Corsair HX620W PSU, Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3-1600, EVGA GTX 680 2GB GDDR5, 3D Vision Kit 2, LG 8x Blu-ray Burner, Intel X25-M SSD, 500GB+640GB WD Caviar Blacks, Win 7 Pro x64, DAS Pro K/B, MX518 Mouse, Logitech Z-2300 Speakers, Toshiba 32TL515U 32" 3DTV, Wacom Bamboo Fun Large Tablet.

I have just finished watching all Zak's videos on UDK and I can't describe how disappointed I was when I noticed a few posts mentioning that he had left the 3D Buzz team.

Oh well, I still believe you can produce more of the same quality tutorials and it would be nice to hear from different person to get some different point of view and methods on various things.

I'm still new to this community (in fact, this is my first post on the forums) and I was wondering how do these "live classes" work. If anyone would be able to point me to the right direction, it would be blast! (I believe the first step is to aquire the "Member Sponsor")

Keep up the good work and definitely yes to the poll!

I just felt the need to qualify my "no" vote. First, I am not interested (right now anyway) in UDK. But if that was my only reason I would not have voted since I would simply just not attend. But the main reason for my "no" vote is I do not want any 3DBuzz resources (instructor) being pulled off of something else just to do the UDK class. Very selfish of me, I know, but this is a vote.

That said, if someone NEW came in to do the UDK class then awesome! (I still will not attend but at least I know other classes weren't sacrificed).
    Code Fearlessly!

If there comes a new UDK class, one thing I would like is a more "practical approach", meaning that we make actual (small) maps as homework. It could be theme based, e.g. building a castle, a jungle, a mine, etc. You would need a little more time, though, like maybe two weeks for each piece of homework. This would be a huge motivator for me to start building real levels, compared to trying out different aspects (lighting, cinematics, particles, materials, etc.) of the engine. Then it would be possible to share homework with other students, just like we did with Matinee (which was great fun!).

Okay, I'm gonna acknowledge how out-of-the-loop I am, but this is something would effect my answer.

Would these 102 classes be stuff that I have to be a member sponsor or otherwise pay for? Or is this adding more of the awesome free videos that I frequently use?
    Read my Webcomic:
    maytiacomic.com
    Check up on my progress at:
    marscaleb.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast