View Poll Results: Would you participate in an UDK 102 class?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, definitely!

26 68.42%
  • Maybe

6 15.79%
  • No

6 15.79%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am more on the lines of what smjones said.

Would I like to see a udk continuation? Yes.
    Would I like to see one if it would be detrimental to other potential course candidates that I might be more interested in? No.

I know that it might sound selfish but everyone wants -on some level- to see content that interests them directly.

That is why I previously suggested the trello(?) revive or something on those line. This way we get to democratically show which course would present the most interest at the current time.

The current route rather hinders that by opening the window where everybody creates a new thread for whatever they are interested in. It is nothing bad with following your interest but this creates a defragmented as opposed to a one stop list where people get to vote or add things.

UDK 101 was a live class, meaning that you needed to be a membership sponsor. If they continued with UDK 102, I would assume it to be the same.

Even though 3D Buzz has lots of free videos, they need to earn money somehow.
    My game portfolio: http://gustavdahl.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Wikzo View Post
    UDK 101 was a live class, meaning that you needed to be a membership sponsor. If they continued with UDK 102, I would assume it to be the same.
    Well if that's the case, while I would be interested, I would not attend.

Even though 3D Buzz has lots of free videos, they need to earn money somehow.
    Oh I know, and I don't fault them for that or anything. I just don't have money. If I did I would have been taking their advanced Maya classes way back when.
    Read my Webcomic:
    maytiacomic.com
    Check up on my progress at:
    marscaleb.com

If there comes a new UDK class, one thing I would like is a more "practical approach", meaning that we make actual (small) maps as homework. It could be theme based, e.g. building a castle, a jungle, a mine, etc. You would need a little more time, though, like maybe two weeks for each piece of homework. This would be a huge motivator for me to start building real levels, compared to trying out different aspects (lighting, cinematics, particles, materials, etc.) of the engine. Then it would be possible to share homework with other students, just like we did with Matinee (which was great fun!).
    Heh, that's actually what I ended up doing with the UDK101 homeworks, made 1 big map out of all of them. It was a good challenge figuring out how to spatially mesh all these disjointed concepts into a single map. Although toward the end I was getting wary of annoying the grader with so much stuff to look through and large file sizes

Quote Originally Posted by smjones View Post
    I just felt the need to qualify my "no" vote. First, I am not interested (right now anyway) in UDK. But if that was my only reason I would not have voted since I would simply just not attend. But the main reason for my "no" vote is I do not want any 3DBuzz resources (instructor) being pulled off of something else just to do the UDK class. Very selfish of me, I know, but this is a vote.
    That said, if someone NEW came in to do the UDK class then awesome! (I still will not attend but at least I know other classes weren't sacrificed).
    I'm the opposite, I'd prefer more UDK stuff even at the expense of everything else

As far as game technologies go, I'm only interested in Unreal. The UDK101 class is what made me become a member sponsor in the first place and I'm very disappointed that Zak left and the future of that series seems uncertain. In the meantime, I plan to watch other related videos (Blender, Maya, etc) but really, if Unreal Technology is dropped by 3D Buzz, I will most likely end (or at least pause) my subscription soon.

So, I would definitely want to see UDK102 and UDK103 and many more, if I am to remain a member sponsor.
    Code:
    #define INTERESTING "Oh god, oh god, we're all gonna die?"

Sorry to resurrect this, but I would also really like to see a UDK 102 class. UDK is the reason I subscribed, and it isn't even in the main menu where I would expect it to be, which made me wonder if you all were planning on picking it back up. I have plenty to keep me busy for now, but would definitely be interested in the 102 class once I'm finished with 101.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12