Spero Nova : Indie Space Mining Game

Started a new thread because we finally came up with a name for our game, Spero Nova. You can still access the old thread here.

Spero Nova is a 3D space mining game using Unity 3d and C#. Thanks to 3D Buzz for giving me the knowledge to be able to put this together (been a member sponsor in the MMO class for about a year).

Here is a new introductory video for the game that discusses the world and shows what I have so far. Please let me know what you think!

I like it, you have the start of a wonderful eve online astroid mining game
    Current Dev machine: Intel Core i7 3930K Asus P9X79 Pro, 64 gb DDR3, EVGA GTX 590 3gb, Corsair 750 W PSU, ThermoCool Armor Case, 3x Asus 27" LED's, Kingston HyperX 120 gb SSD x2 0,1 Raid ... I like to go fast

Dev Laptop: Macbook Pro 15'' 2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7, 16GB, 512GB ssd, Nvidia Geforce GT 750m 2GB

Good Bad, don't matter, im the man with the gun.
    Check out my current Shadowrun/Cyberpunk MMO project at coming soon (

Thanks alptraum360. Eve is definitely an influence. However, I cannot stand that Eve does not let you "fly" your ship around like Wing Commander, X-wing, Freespace, Jump to Lightspeed, etc. In Eve, you request the ship to travel to different way points; there is no "free flying." Spero Nova will definitely allow you to freely fly around.

Also, I have a few more tricks up my sleeve that should help to differentiate Spero Nova from Eve Online

Have you ever tried the game Freelancer? That was an awesome space game. Not about mining but it definitely let's you fly your ship wherever you want and also have waypoints if you don't feel like flying yourself. The biggest drawback in that was that you couldn't really fly "up and down" too much. It was generally a flat plane, which in space made no sense. Made space feel claustrophobic... space...

Anyway, good progress on your game. Is it only you working on it or how many are you?
    Portfolio

* Dave has kicked Dobe from #3dbuzz (Dave)
    * Dobe (Dobe@A8F9D847.174C8020.329AD7F2.IP) has joined #3dbuzz
    <Dobe> Hi Dave
    <Dave> Hi
    <Dave> hows it going?

Thanks Seijiro. Never tried Freelancer, but since Chris Roberts did it, it looks a bit like the Wing Commander series and Privateer which I have played (ages ago).

Right now I am doing everything on the game (coding, design, asset selection). My partner in the business (we offer game analytics) is doing periodic code reviews with me since he has much more object oriented and .NET programming experience than I. Also, another set of eyes never hurts

New update to Spero Nova. In this video, I show how the crafting system works. You have a fabricator on your ship that fabricates items from the elements you refine. +1 to those who know what a Flux Capacitor does.

Hope you enjoy