Problem with UV unwrapped texture from blender to PS

Hi all,

I'm building a space ship in blender, where I generally bake ambient occlusion into an image so that I can then import that to Photoshop for further texture changes.

I've just started playing with UV unwrapping for the first time (I'm a bit of a noob). As I understand it, once you've got everything seamed nicely, you unwrap, then move the various bits around and enlarge / rotate as needed to fill up as much of the texture as possible. With that done, baking the ambient occlusion looks just fine in Blender.

However, when I import the shadow map into photoshop and apply it to the collada as a texture, some of the shadows are misaligned, showing up in places they shouldn't. Any ideas on this? Help would be much appreciated!

In blender when you import your texture. while in the texture panel scroll down to the Mapping submenu. the first option is Coordinate and defaults to "Generated" switch this to "UV" and it will use the UV coordinates you have laid out. Hopefully that will help

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UVOption.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	72993

Thanks for answering, Kevin. So when I peeked at the Coordinate menu there, there wasn't 'UV' listed. There was Object, Tube, Equirectangular, Sphere, AngMap, Global, and View.

That's weird. I have none of those options under the coordinates drop down. Some of them are in the projection dropdown menu under it I guess make sure you are in the right dropdown. Here is the options I have under the coordinates drop down. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CoordinateOptions.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	72999

As a quick update here, I took some screen shots so people might see what's happening. As you can see, the 'nose cone' shadow is looking fine in Blender, but in Photoshop it's stuck somewhere on the side. Don't you hate it when you get stuck on what seems to be a really simple problem?