Terrain Issue (Blockiness, most of terrain below water etc)

Hello 3D buzz and fellow members!

I've finally had time to dive into all of the MMO tutorials, and so far I'm at the end of chapter 1, still going strong. These tutorials tend to get addictive once I get going!

Anyway, It's been going smoothly (more or less) but I've stumble upon an issue I can't seem to solve. I hope some of you who've been members for a longer time can help me. I've searched for hours now, and I can't seem to find a solution.

First of all, my terrain gets kind of blocky. I've read that this might be a scaling issue, but I cannot seem to locate it. My terrain looks like this currently:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OwI9i.png 
Views:	153 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	72966

It's easy to see all the blockiness of it. What can I do to fix this? Am I messing something up with the photoshop WorldData.tga file? I've used the one uploaded by Lee. I'm really stressing out over this, I just can't put my finger on the issue.

Next up is the location of my terrain. As you can see in the picture below, the terrain looks like an iceberg! It's gigantic under water, but above water everything gets compressed. What can i do to solve this?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	QDsIn.png 
Views:	144 
Size:	175.5 KB 
ID:	72967

Third(ly?) I've recently been experiencing issues when I press play. Sometimes the loading takes ages, other times it never finishes before I have to terminate the Unity process. Is this adressed in later videos? I don't think the problem is with my computer, as it's quite strong.

I'll post any and all information you guys ask me for. I simply can't isolate the error, and posting all of the project code seems a bit excessive.

EDIT: I uploaded pictures of my code for the Terrain Generator and Terrain Demo classes here: http://imgur.com/a/tdMQq
    I really hope someone knows what's wrong.

EDIT2: Forgot this one: http://imgur.com/9S37l

Thanks in advance for the help.
    -Claes
    Last edited by Claes; 07-10-2012 at 04:37 AM.

There are no obvious mistakes in you code as far as i see (a really quick look). To me it seems like you have some kind of configuration mismatch and maybe a small bug in the formula's. There is a chance that your issues will be resolved in future videos since a lot of the code gets rewritten.

For the slowness issue turn down the number of patches you are rendering at the start and please follow lee along until you get your configuration extracted so that you can manipulate without rebuilding each time.

hope this helps ^_^ at least a bit