Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MAX Freeze Transform Like Maya does

Hi is it possible to freeze transforms (reset to 0) in MAX like we do in Maya?
    If yes, how?

Thanks.

Sounds like you're after the Reset Xform tool.

I found
    my current avatar on google, so props to THIS GUY who created the original...

Alt Right click on your Object then choose Freeze Transform, hope that is what you mean. That will add a Zero Pos XYZ in your position list located under your motion tab. Then any time you want to get back to zero position you can just alt right click and choose Transform to 0. Hope that was what you were looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by fatgav View Post
    Sounds like you're after the Reset Xform tool.
    I tried that, but it seems that xForm is more to solve issues when we perform scaling in the mesh and not the components, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Julio_R View Post
    Alt Right click on your Object then choose Freeze Transform, hope that is what you mean. That will add a Zero Pos XYZ in your position list located under your motion tab. Then any time you want to get back to zero position you can just alt right click and choose Transform to 0. Hope that was what you were looking for.
    Right, that option resets the controllers, but I was trying to reset the values for X/Y/Z for Move, Scale and rotation at the bottom of the view port. But from what I see until now, MAX differs from Maya from this regard, because the values at the bottom only go to Zero when I set the transforms to local, even after I move any geometry in local mode when I stop moving it resets back to Zero again (in local). Another thing that is driving me crazy is the coordinate system where Z points upwards and y to the x direction and so on. I still don’t understand why this differs from Maya.

I'm also searching for an option that is available in Maya called "Local Rotation Axis" this is very handy to align pivots from other objects and perform duplications around that “Local Rotation Axis", does MAX have similar feature?

Thanks.

Just one more
    I see that MAX Triangulates most of the Geometry, to change that I used a tool called "Quadrify All" under Graphite Modeling tools (in MAX view port everything appears in quads), then I sent the scene from MAX to Maya and in Maya I see everything in Triangles. Do I have any configuration that prevents MAX by default to create triangles for all geometry?

Ah; I misunderstood earlier. Seems you've got the input fields at the bottom set to relative rather than absolute, possibly... The icon to the left of them toggles (if that's the case).

Quote Originally Posted by JMSPT View Post
    Just one more
    I see that MAX Triangulates most of the Geometry, to change that I used a tool called "Quadrify All" under Graphite Modeling tools (in MAX view port everything appears in quads), then I sent the scene from MAX to Maya and in Maya I see everything in Triangles. Do I have any configuration that prevents MAX by default to create triangles for all geometry?
    Gaah! It sounds like you're using Editable Mesh rather than Editable Poly..? If that's the case; convert to editable poly (bottom right in the RMB menu). Editable Mesh is legacy...

I found

Actually I'm using editable Poly,can you please check the jpg
    Thnks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MAX01.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	305.4 KB 
ID:	72902

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MAYA01.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	109.7 KB 
ID:	72903

I'm out of ideas, I'm afraid... Everything looks normal in the max screenshot to me and I'm not a maya user; I still think Reset xForm is closest to what you're looking for regarding your first question - remember it's a 2-step process... you need to collapse the xform modifier that Reset xForm adds to the stack to fully reset.
    Whilst typing the above, it occured to me that maybe the pivot-related tools in the hierarchy tab (top right) might be what you're after... I'm not entirely clear on the question, I think!

I found

Yes, I tried the xForm, but the reset is not available for this object (I used in others and the reset button was available and them I performed the collapse), in this surface when I press xForm the reset is grayed out...

thank you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast