Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Indie Space Mining Game

Not sure if this is the best place to post this since it is really a game that is a WIP as opposed to a 3d model or art.

We are working on a 3D space mining game using Unity 3d and C#. Thanks to 3D Buzz for giving me the knowledge to be able to put this together (been a member sponsor in the MMO class for about a year).

We have an existing YouTube channel so the first minute of the video addresses those viewers, the actual showing of the game starts about 50 seconds in. I plan to post future updates as a rely to this post. Please let me know what you think.

Lastly, feel free to check out our blog where we discuss issues related to indie game development: http://www.mygamehud.com/blog
    Last edited by creston.jamison; 06-20-2012 at 09:21 AM.

Looks very promising so far. It's interesting to see what someone has done with what they learned in the MMO Class, especially something so different. Keep us posted with how it goes.

By the way, I don't see why the WIP forum should exclude games over other 3D projects. Seems to me like the perfect forum for your thread.

-Woz

Looks like it could be a fun game. But I may be biased as I like space games with a bit of involvement like this (mining and building stuff). I will keep an eye on this and be sure to keep us updated as well.

Oh and yes, this wip area is for anything "wipy" (games, animations, stills, movies etc.). You've come to the right place.
    Portfolio

* Dave has kicked Dobe from #3dbuzz (Dave)
    * Dobe (Dobe@A8F9D847.174C8020.329AD7F2.IP) has joined #3dbuzz
    <Dobe> Hi Dave
    <Dave> Hi
    <Dave> hows it going?

Thanks for the confirmation this was the right place Woz and Seijiro.

Here is the next update for our Space Mining Game. Here we are showing how the asteroid scanner works as well as give a bit of insight into the story.

Hope you enjoy

Shut up and take my money!
    Haven't had a decent space mining/building/ass kicking strategy game since K240 and Fragile Allegiance.

Thanks for the complement Adantes

I have not played either of those games. I will have to check them out.

Here is the next update to our space mining game. In it, I show how asteroid mining works as well as describe how asteroids, ore and elements for crafting fit together.

Hope you enjoy

Looks really nice so far. Next update with inventory I look forward to see very much. Great job! Keep posting them!
    Portfolio

* Dave has kicked Dobe from #3dbuzz (Dave)
    * Dobe (Dobe@A8F9D847.174C8020.329AD7F2.IP) has joined #3dbuzz
    <Dobe> Hi Dave
    <Dave> Hi
    <Dave> hows it going?

Here is the next update to our Space Mining Game. In it, I show how the inventory system works (basically the ship's hold).

Hope you enjoy

In this next update to our space mining game, I show you how the ore refinery works and how you use it to extract elements out of the ore you mine.

Hope you enjoy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast