Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

No textures, missing static meshes in 3DBuzz UDK tutorials

I downloaded the 3DBuzz tutorials from the UDK tutorial web site and was working through them. I finished a number of the Simple Level tutorials but came to a place where I needed to load a pre-built package, SimpleLevel_Complete.udk, and found that several static meshes were listed as missing:

StaticMesh LT_Trims.SM.Mesh.S_LT_Trims_SM_Railing01a in SimpleLevel_Complete
    StaticMesh NEC_Wires.SM.Mesh.S_NEC_Wires_SM_Thinwire02 in SimpleLevel_Complete
    StaticMesh NEC_Wires.SM.Mesh.S_NEC_Wires_SM_Thinwire05 in SimpleLevel_Complete
    StaticMesh NEC_Wires.SM.Mesh.S_NEC_Wires_SM_Thinwire07 in SimpleLevel_Complete
    StaticMesh NEC_Wires.SM.Mesh.S_NEC_Wires_SM_Thinwire15 in SimpleLevel_Complete
    Texture2D LT_Floors.BSP.Materials.T_LT_Floors_BSP_Organic11b _D in SimpleLevel_Complete

and when the level loaded, the textures were gone. I have placed the package in the content folder and put the assets in there too, but no dice. Any ideas?

those tutorials are quite old now, and several assets have been removed from UDK, these may be included.

I just checked my UDK install and it does look like those assets have been removed from UDK.

Where could I find them and how would I add them back in? I am a high school teacher and was planning on starting a game design class next year. I was going to use these tutorials as an important part of my curriculum.
    Last edited by wesdennison; 06-01-2012 at 08:15 AM.

I'm pretty sure you could just download an older version of UDK, from http://udk.com/download. They have every version archived there, and you could just copy out the correct package, if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks. I'll try that.

Here is what worked for me.

The newer versions of NEC_Trims.upk are missing a few older assets so I took an old version of NEC_Trims.upk and renamed it NEC_Trims2009.upk and put it in a new folder \Content\UT3\Environments2009 and then restart editor and right click on NEC_Trims2009.upk in the editor and select 'Fully Load'.

Is there any way you could upload the NEC_Trims2009.upk file? I was hoping to not have to load an old version of UDK and possibly mess up all the work I have already done.

Thanks!

I was giving you the workflow I used for a different outdated tutorial. Thats not necessarily the file you need. I don't even know if its the right UDK version you need files from.

But you don't have to install an old UDK, not that it would hurt. Just install 7Zip (the best unzipper around, really). Then right click on the UDK install EXE and chose 7Zip - Extract to UDKInstall*WhateverVersion*
    The installation EXE is pretty much just a self extracting archive.

OK, that definitely worked. I used the 2010-07 version and it didn't have what I needed, but now I know how to look. Thanks for the help!

I looked through a few of the tuts. The first ones use 2009-11 (Maybe even a Release Candidate of the first beta) I don't know if they upgraded versions for later vids though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast