Lee's Terrain R&D, session1

I've just watched the first session of R&D but the code is not working + I don't have the TerrianGenerator.cs and Perlin.cs so I was wondering if anyone had the cs files, not just those two but all of them so I can compare (in a .zip)

//Alpo

As far as I remember you are not supposed to have the terrain generator yet and lee using it is just for demo purposes, you will build it later on. Just keep working.

If I misunderstood you please describe your issue more precise so we can help you out in a way you will be able to learn without just copy/paste-ing someones code.

Well before he used terrain generator he got some height to the map but it didn't work as in the video. The height in the terrain just totally destroyed the UV at my place, so I think that I made a mistake somewhere in the code. That Is kinda my problem.

I do see that I shouldn't have the terrain generator at this moment so I will just wait, but my terrain still look very weird

I believe I know what you are talking about It's probably related to your map data which is different from Lee's. Please keep in mind that his height map i closely related to his constants entered. This means that you will have to adjust your constants to your height map or vice versa, only if you had a very similar height map to Lee's your terrain would scale similar.

I hope this clarification helps

What do you mean by "totally destroyed"? If your heights are wacky, then bhseph is right, and it's your scaling. And he does go over the terraingenerator code, so you may have missed a video somewhere.

As far as the code file, it would be totally useless for someone to give it to you, because he changes it around pretty often, so if you don't get the correct version of the file, it wouldn't work for you anyways.

As painful as it is to hear, I suggest you start over. Things will make a lot more sense the second time. I need to do this, too, because when my new tiles are created and destroyed when I move, it does it backwards. It deletes the tiles behind me before drawing the new tiles in front of me. I could go line by line through the code and try to figure it out on my own, but if I watch the videos again, the whole process will get pounded into my brain better (Can you tell I'm trying to convince myself?)