Hybrid View

BioShock in UDK?

Hi guys,
    I created this topic as I need inspiration Me and couple of friends have to do BioShock DLC using UDK.

We have to do mechanics etc as well as Design Doc. Does anyone have any good idea about DLC? We need something that we could develop in UDK within 4 weeks from now.

If any of you have nice idea about what we could make, please help us and tell us what you think!

Also for curious last map we did in 4 weeks in UDK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY3RePYFrVU [its not perfect but pity we had no time to make more...]

Thanks!
    3D artist -> www.pmarjanski.com

We have basic idea now, it will be DLC with new MOD to BioShock, mixed with L4D2 mechanics and a bit of League of Legends. If anyone got any sugestions, please post it here

Thanks

All that within 4 weeks?! I'd suggest maybe biting off a little less and do it well rather than scramble to pull things together

we gained one additional because of easter, so 3 weeks from now... we did it before and it's possible I will post some level design pictures here and at the end our final product. There is 5 people working on this single project, not just me

What do you mean by DLC? Surely only the makers of the original game can put out DLC for it. Are you just saying DLC instead of mod? And if so how are you going to make a mod for Bioshock using UDK - it's a different engine.

Yes only them can make it. BioShock 1 is build on modified unreal engine, so its not hard to make it in UDK The whole point is to do it on something different, something that doesn't exist. Keep in mind I'm a student and its just an assignment I have to do to learn mechanics. We are not required to put all Bioshock mechanics into level and we are asked to do at least one map based on our idea. All mechanics that we will invent will be probably only in Design Document as we don't have that much time to do all that

Hello there, I just want to share our COMPLETED Bioshock DLC with you guys! Our work was presented at University of Bolton on 18th of May 2012.

http://youtu.be/qoG9fwMTJ_U

Enjoy!

Hello really good work! Where did you get all of the assets and materials?