MMO Forums - Adjustment and refocus

I wanted to make a quick announcement regarding the forums for the MMO class. For the time being, I'm tentatively shelving the following forums; they were not seeing a great deal of activity and I'd like to focus things down a bit:

Story & Lore
    Asset Questions

Nothing has been lost or deleted. If you're twitching to see what was in there or if you had some critical post you don't want to lose, just use the links above. However, new posts are not allowed and I'm leaving their visibility off until I feel like we really need them again.

Before you ask me about posting new story ideas: I'm not wanting people to stop discussing the story. I just don't think we really need a new forum to do it. For now, we'll consider such discussion a part of the design process, which belongs in the newly re-titled Design and Mechanics forum.

I think we can all agree that the Assets forum was unnecessary at this point, and will likely remain so until such time as we start prototyping our actual world.

I'm not all that interested in moving a lot of threads from these forums around right now. I'd rather us be focusing on actual design and mechanics. I think we've all got at least a pretty solid feel for where the story is at the moment, or at least what key elements will exist within our world. We'll let that be enough for now and move forward with what this game should be like and how it should play.

Thanks for your understanding, and please PM me with questions/concerns.

That will be all.

Seems like a good idea to me; making things a little more concise as this point should keep things nice and organised.

I definitely think that narrowing down the focus is going to help out a bit. Nelson and I are going to be knocking out a ton of new content over the next several days and I'm very excited to see how everyone responds to it. We've got a lot of new directions and tasks lined up for the MMO class, and by placing our attention only on those parts that matter, I think it'll be a lot easier for everyone to see where we're going.

BuZZ

I'm loving the new layout it's much cleaner. Buzz, i am so looking forward to this release!

Can't wait to see the new stuff that is coming out!
    Please let me know when we are going to have some fun so I can pay attention.

I like the idea of narrowing stuff down usually helps the focus

PS: Aaaa please no new content until i catch up! :P J/K

umm guys what happened to those assets? and didn't busby said that he would expose tons of assets?
    i need the gui assets to follow, can anyone share it again? thanks
    If you want to learn something, start teaching about it to others, nothing will help you more than that !

Hi there. I see The MMO project lives on!

Apologies if I missed a previous post that describes the MMO assets location, but I am having trouble locating the asset files which are being referenced from the videos. Having been in the original MMO classes for about a year I have some of the original assets around somewhere, but had wanted to make sure that I was using the latest versions of the assets, since it appears much has changed since I was gone.

I am currently watching Lee's R&D Session 09 - Improved Terrain System - pt. 03, or MMO video #231 - about 9 minutes into the video when we rebuild the project from scratch and begin importing assets such as grass.jpg and WorldData.tga. I believe I found the links within the Assets Questions (one of the shelved forums) but the links to the asset .RAR files, provided in one of the posts are all returning error 404 - not found.

Thanks!