Funniest/most clever/coolest difficulty settings in video games

I tried looking for an article or a video where somebody lists what they find to be the most amusing difficulty settings they've seen in video games. I couldn't find one. So I thought I would start a thread and ask people to share the ones they remember.

Many games give us an option to set how difficult the video game is. Most of the time this setting is devised into common list of "easy, normal, hard" and occasionally a setting with a "very" prefix. But sometimes people get witty and give these settings clever names, or come up with very amusing ways to convey how challenging the game will or will not be.

If there are visual to accompany these settings, please try to post those as well.
    I'm opening this up to not simply funny settings, but also ones that are simply clever, amusing, or cool.

Since I started this thread, I might as well take the easy ones.

Wolfenstein 3D:
    You have the difficulty set up into four clever phrases:
    "Can I play daddy?"
    "Don't hurt me!"
    "Bring 'em on!"
    "I am death incarnate."
    The setting you select also changes the face of the hero. The two in the middle make him look worried or confident, but the easiest setting depicted him in a baby bonnet with a pacifier, and the highest difficulty gives him an evil set of red glowing eyes.

Doom:
    The difficulty levels were given some clever names:
    "I'm too young to die"
    "Hey, not too rough"
    "Hurt me plenty"
    "Ultra-Violence"
    But then, after it had been out for a while and gained some popularity, an update was released with a new difficulty level, "Nightmare!" and when it was displayed on the list it used a special font where the letter themselves were dripping with blood. (Pic) Not only that, but when you selected it, the game would confirm this with you by displaying a message that read something to the effect of "Are you sure? This setting isn't even close to fair!" The enemies would automatically regenerate a short while after you killed them unless you blew their bodies into tiny bits. They weren't kidding about it not being fair.

Quake:
    While the setting names were not very original, what was creative that selecting your difficulty was done in the game by moving through a level. You start off in a room with three hallways, one that leads you to easy, one to normal, and one to hard. The hallway that leads you to hard has a broken bridge over a lava pit that you have to jump over, so you can in fact even die while selecting the hard difficulty.
    But what was yet even more unique was the nightmare setting. Once you select your difficulty you must select an episode through a similar method of walking into the corresponding hallway. But if you go to the last episode there is a secret you can find by cleverly landing on a rafter which you can follow to a secret passage which takes you to the hallways that selects the secret highest difficulty.
    Now that's brilliant.

UnrealTournament (Playstation 2 version):
    The difficulty settings were given slightly colorful names, although not with as many names as the PC version had. But it did include an image of a warrior that changed according to the setting you adjusted. "Skilled" and "Master" depicted the warrior looking more or less seasoned. "Novice" depicted him as a scrawny teenager. And "Inhuman"... well... take a look yourself.
    I wonder what they would have done if they had "Godlike"
    Read my Webcomic:
    maytiacomic.com
    Check up on my progress at:
    marscaleb.com

I quite like how Deus Ex: Human Revolution did it; 'Tell Me a Story', 'Give Me a Challenge' and 'Give me Deus Ex'

I was always a fan of "Universe Mode" in Star Ocean 2! =)

Quote Originally Posted by NATO_chrisjm View Post
    I quite like how Deus Ex: Human Revolution did it; 'Tell Me a Story', 'Give Me a Challenge' and 'Give me Deus Ex'
    Surely 'Give me Deus Ex' would be the easiest, going around with god mode on.

I didn't write it

I do recall that Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge had two play modes: regular mode, which was the complete experience, and "Monkey 2 Lite", which had simplified versions of many of the puzzles, for "new players and game reviewers", or something like that.

sadly, for the recent rerelease, they removed the Lite version
    ... one pixel at a time
    TomHauville.com slash Portfolio

And game reviewers. THAT'S funny.
    Read my Webcomic:
    maytiacomic.com
    Check up on my progress at:
    marscaleb.com