Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

UE3 Running Through a Web Browser Using Flash!!!

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Fla...ted,13610.html

So when this comes to fruition, will we finally see Flash Actionscript tutorials on 3dbuzz?

Uh, why? UE3 running inside of Flash has nothing to do with ActionScript. You still make games the same way, using UnrealScript.

Quote Originally Posted by ffejnosliw View Post
    Uh, why? UE3 running inside of Flash has nothing to do with ActionScript. You still make games the same way, using UnrealScript.
    and flash for the UI.

Quote Originally Posted by clintman View Post
    and flash for the UI.
    Yes, you can use Scaleform which does use ActionScript, but that has nothing to do with this particular topic of UE3 running inside of the Flash player. This announcement doesn't affect the need to know ActionScript was my point. You needed to know it before to make UIs with Scaleform and you still need to know it to make UIs with Scaleform. You don't need it for anything else.

Nothing new, considering that Unity has done this since 3.x began, so UDK is following suit.
    PC Specs: Antec 900 ATX Case, Gigabyte 790GX Mobo, AMD Phenom II x4 955, Corsair HX620W PSU, Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3-1600, EVGA GTX 680 2GB GDDR5, 3D Vision Kit 2, LG 8x Blu-ray Burner, Intel X25-M SSD, 500GB+640GB WD Caviar Blacks, Win 7 Pro x64, DAS Pro K/B, MX518 Mouse, Logitech Z-2300 Speakers, Toshiba 32TL515U 32" 3DTV, Wacom Bamboo Fun Large Tablet.

It's still cool news >>;;

Quote Originally Posted by WedgeBob View Post
    Nothing new, considering that Unity has done this since 3.x began, so UDK is following suit.
    Unity doesn't run in Flash. They have announced it and shown previews of it, but it isn't a part of any released version of Unity that I know of.

Unity exports a Flash file which sits on a blank webpage. I've never tried it with a game and I've only seen character turnarounds done with it, but it does export at least some elements to Flash (or rather it did a year ago). It is highly compressed, looks like garbage and you still need the Web Player. Unity also has a Wordpress plugin as well.

They showed a unity game running in flash at unite 11, and hinted at it being part of the 3.5 release, but it wasn't ever explicitly mentioned.
    Dangerous. Mute. Lunatic.
    <Toastage>: and you're like "Ey Joe it is Smismar, I am belgium, ishn't that veird. Fix mai internetz or I cut you yehs?"

Quote Originally Posted by kennyrosenyc View Post
    Unity exports a Flash file which sits on a blank webpage. I've never tried it with a game and I've only seen character turnarounds done with it, but it does export at least some elements to Flash (or rather it did a year ago). It is highly compressed, looks like garbage and you still need the Web Player. Unity also has a Wordpress plugin as well.
    The webplayer and flash are completely different things. I have never seen any ability in any released version of Unity to build a flash file. Without hardware accelerated shaders (only in Flash 11) I can't imagine how it would even be possible. Are you sure about this? Building for the web via the webplayer is one thing, but building a flash file that runs in the regular flash player is something else altogether.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast