Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PDI247 View Post
    Are you planning to work with 'instances' of areas, or are you aiming for a 'seamless world' where everyone can find everyone else?

Will it be 'open PvP', or 'PvP by Request'? Or will there be special buildings designed for it?
    Instances as in Dungeons? Yes. Also, I am planning on adding a new open instanced zones which are random portals appear here and there which creates new challenges for players where they have to enter it and defeat the boss or simply defend the castle your in or just defeat waves after waves of mobs.

There will be a PvP hub, where you advertise for bounty hunters to kill a higher lvl player who killed a noob(which is you) while you were trying to quest. Also, I am planning on adding BGs(if I can find time to do such a thing :P or if the team, currently consists of only one person - me of course, grows) I will defenitely think about adding BGs(which will involve some complex structures). However, open world pvp will be available before I add(if i can) BGs. And there is much more new stuff I have in mind(but they are rather hard to implement - will take some time)

Not sure I know what 'BG' is in that statement. The first thing that came to mind (Being an old Neverwinter player) is Blackguard, and the second thing (Pulling into a more 'realistic' meaning in this instance) that came to mind was Bodyguard. Close?
    "It's most impressive when it's least expected."

I think BG refers to Battle Grounds (aka WoW style BGs).

I have looked at the videos and I really like the work.

Ah... that'd explain why it didn't come to mind.

Will there be more than one currency system? Obviously the normal 'Gold' currency system has been put into place, but will there be a secondary, 'alternate'?

Ah... that'd explain why it didn't come to mind.

Will there be more than one currency system? Obviously the normal 'Gold' currency system has been put into place, but will there be a secondary, 'alternate'?
    The gold system is just temp for now. I may add like say, silver, platinum, and my own ancestral coins(which is a special coin you earn from some "special" ways, I won't explain more on that here). However, there will be such a currency system some are used to buy specific items and some are used to buy class specific items(yes, there is going to be a class/race specific coins you get from treasure hunting - one of the professions I have implemented so far in addition to Herbalism, Woodcutting, Potion Making, and some others that I havent finished yet - those coins are closely tied to the ancestral coints). There will also be special kind of coins(won't say coins, but special material-coin thingy) which will be used to craft your own legendary/ancestor specific weapons which won't be like you spend only one day and boom you got your legendary weapon. You have to spend and do tedious jobs to acquire it, make it so that its value is worth doing that tedious job. also you can level your legendary/ancestral weapon in a different way(again, forbidden to talk more about it here). And there will be regular dungeon coins/tokens like in any other MMOs to get your regular "Superior" quality gear, same applies to PvP if I introduce it. There is always a little bit difference between how the token system will work in my game than in the others

What's the plan for combat? Are you most likely going to be sticking with select-and-attack, as it is now? Or are there plans to advance that later on?

What's the plan for combat? Are you most likely going to be sticking with select-and-attack, as it is now? Or are there plans to advance that later on?
    Well, I do have tab-targetting atm. Didn't quite understand what you meant lol. However, I do have AoE(area of effect) spells, debuffs(from other players/or even mobs) that will slow your movement. I'm currently expanding my combat system to take environmental effects to take place for ex. a fire spell won't be effective in a cold/rainy environment whereas an ice bolt("wrath of the tides" spell's name) will be more effective when casted in a snowy environment. However, I do have to do slight adjustments to it so that people who uses those kinds of spell don't always stay in icy environments or vice versa. This doesn't mean that a malee character is left out in this game play-style. They will also have some cool stuff that will benefit them from what zone they are at. For ex. A warrior-paladin(an advanced class of warrior root class) will be more powerful when fighting in an un-holy land(a land filled with ghouls and devils) whereas a Warrior-Knight(also an advanced class) will be powerful in almost every zone except Snowy Areas and Underwater.

Also some more stuff

I was actually wondering if you intended to completely revise the combat system to revolve around a different setup, as opposed to selection. There are various other methods of combat in todays' MMOs, some of which are 'unusual' and 'not really out there' yet. Of course the most commonly-known ones are probably the ones to model after, since they're already known to work - but I've played a number of 'unknown' MMOs and found myself interested in some much different combat systems. Unfortunately I haven't played any of them in quite some time (Honestly haven't played any games period in quite some time).

It's just a guess, but are there plans to have items laying around as something of a 'relic hunt' where there are hidden objects that actually do something 'beyond the norm'? And if so, will they be 'limited', or heavily abundant? For that matter, will there be -anything- in the game limited in number?

A slight side-step, I'd be curious about your opinion on such a topic... is there any 'place' for a truly limited-in-number item, or set of items in a multiplayer environment that may become something of an MMO, or does this seem 'unfair', assuming the items actually... 'do' something? Not talking 'super-powerful' items. More talking about items that appear to do nothing at all until a certain circumstance causes them to 'do stuff', and do have rather interesting results... but nothing that can't be fought against.

I was actually wondering if you intended to completely revise the combat system to revolve around a different setup, as opposed to selection. There are various other methods of combat in todays' MMOs, some of which are 'unusual' and 'not really out there' yet. Of course the most commonly-known ones are probably the ones to model after, since they're already known to work - but I've played a number of 'unknown' MMOs and found myself interested in some much different combat systems. Unfortunately I haven't played any of them in quite some time (Honestly haven't played any games period in quite some time).

It's just a guess, but are there plans to have items laying around as something of a 'relic hunt' where there are hidden objects that actually do something 'beyond the norm'? And if so, will they be 'limited', or heavily abundant? For that matter, will there be -anything- in the game limited in number?

A slight side-step, I'd be curious about your opinion on such a topic... is there any 'place' for a truly limited-in-number item, or set of items in a multiplayer environment that may become something of an MMO, or does this seem 'unfair', assuming the items actually... 'do' something? Not talking 'super-powerful' items. More talking about items that appear to do nothing at all until a certain circumstance causes them to 'do stuff', and do have rather interesting results... but nothing that can't be fought against.
    Well, I haven't thought about any other combat systems lol. However, If I ever come across anything new I will certainly add it in game. And yes there is a Relic Hunting Sorta Profession. I don't know If i mentioned this earlier but I do have a Treasure Hunting Profession and still in the development process of it. Finished Herbalism, Potion Making, Wood Cutting, and Recipies for Crafting Items. Here is a picture of the new Crafting Window's Look.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CraftingWindow.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	72153

And yes, some are really abundant whereas some are easily obtainable. I did mention about the Ancestry Weapon Crafting where you would need rare materials to craft them. If you master in Treasure Hunting, your chance of obtaining one of the rare items will be increased and you can also do some cool new stuff than in any MMO.(not going to explain the system here :P)

I currently have no intention of implementing such a system where a player can obtain a limited-in-quantity type of item. In my opinion this may cause player's to feel like they are being left out when someone obtains it. However, rare drops are another story. You can guarantee a rare item will drop atleast once, but a limited-in-quantity item will never drop after its quantity limit runs out. This trick can be also used in favor of the players by motivating them to do a certain task so they can earn such an item. If I was to implement such a system I will do it for vanity items such as Cool gizmos, pets, special mounts, etc. However, I will never do that for a Superior Quality Gear, atleast for player's sake(yes they complain ALOT!!)

But as you said, Those type of items will encourage player's to do a task no-matter what so they can be the first person to obtain it and/or obtain a title/achievement or something.

That's the players' jobs while playing games we create! To complain! It's our jobs to make 'em happy. But as with any other topic, every decision made will always upset someone, so we can never win. Fun trying, in my opinion, though.

What kind of spell effects are you planning to aim toward? Will they effect the environment at all? Will they effect characters at all?

Will there be a trap system? Either player-based or otherwise?

Are there plans to initiate mazes into the world?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast