Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Well, I think I've dragged -everyones'- curiosity out long enough - it's time to ask the question everyone -really- wants to know the answer to...

Ready for it?

Have you slapped that person who was supposed to show up and never did?

What forms of movement are planned? Walking and running I assume are the two most popular, likely. Is this a heavy-magic environment? Will it introduce levitation, flight, teleportation, etc?

Any plans for something along the lines of transformations? Critter changing from one appearance to another, perhaps with altered stats?
    "It's most impressive when it's least expected."

Quote Originally Posted by PDI247 View Post
    Well, I think I've dragged -everyones'- curiosity out long enough - it's time to ask the question everyone -really- wants to know the answer to...

Ready for it?

Have you slapped that person who was supposed to show up and never did?

What forms of movement are planned? Walking and running I assume are the two most popular, likely. Is this a heavy-magic environment? Will it introduce levitation, flight, teleportation, etc?

Any plans for something along the lines of transformations? Critter changing from one appearance to another, perhaps with altered stats?
    lmao. he actually went on a vacation to Germany. now that you reminded me, I am going to slap him when he gets back :P

I am planning on having mounts(just land mounts for now) but have not decided on whether I should have flying mounts or not. And there will be portals. I did have a magical barrier seperating sector2(desert) and sector3(evernight) but not sure if I showed that or not. However, there will be some form of magical objects around the zone, but not heavy. There will be, for ex, magical towers which will shoot spells at you to prevent you from further advancing into an area which you are not suppose to and some will freeze you for a time. These areas will be tied to the quests, where you have to complete certain rituals or gather materials for that ritual to break the magical effect or gain a new kind of spell(some will be permanent spell) which you can use to overcome the obstacles in your way and further advance into that area(this will probably be the case to unlocking certain dungeons) and explore its surroundings and find some unknown artifacts which will then begin certain class specific/race specific/zone specific(even ancestor related) quests, which opens different doors for various adventures

And I do not have any plans on creating mutant-critters which will change shapes or something lol, but its rather an interesting feature

I'm sure they'll be thankful I reminded you.

From what I gather, portals will be mostly just 'zone-like' portals, as opposed to player-created portals?

Are 'rituals' a new thing that won't really be discussed all that much? Kind of curious about what is meant by "rituals".

I'm sure they'll be thankful I reminded you.

From what I gather, portals will be mostly just 'zone-like' portals, as opposed to player-created portals?

Are 'rituals' a new thing that won't really be discussed all that much? Kind of curious about what is meant by "rituals".
    I know what you mean, there will be like mage portals where he/she can create a portal for a group and him/herself to travel to different places. I didn't know if you were referring to the portal in the 2nd sector. those I havent planned yet(player generated portals) but there will be a reliable transportation system(player portals too) in the future, like flight points in WoW, portals in Rift, also Certain NPCs can teleport you to a different zone, or the cheapest hose riding(like hiring a horse for those who can't afford mounts).

As I mentioned in my earlier post I will introduce a new kind of dungeon system which will be tied to the ancestory system and Lore mostly. and those kind of dungeons are totally different from the regular ones(those are unique, even the drops are unique - mobs too) thats where the rituals comes into play. Also, some other game elements that I havent talked about will have an unlocking functionality which you have to complete a tedious task(not grinding quests, tedious like in long quest chain) to get a certain unique item for a profession or a class or to unlock a dungeon(don't fear, not all dungeons going to have an unlock feature) and there will be an open dungeon gameplay, like a world invasion(not going to discuss it here :P)

Is there a particular 'item structure' you're planning to use? Like... 'grades' of items? Damaged, crude, normal, magic, exceptional, unique, or anything similar?

Are there intentions to have some 'weird' potions that have strange effects? Or perhaps some 'fun items' that have literally no apparent practical purpose, but are fun to collect and/or use?

Will there be spells or similar that can be cast -on- items to improve or even 'downgrade' or completely obliterate them?

(And let me know if/when you take a peek at the 'so-far-existing material' for the project I've been working on, if you have opinions/suggestions - elsewhere if preferred (PM, on those pages, etc); I realize it's all text, which hopefully will change in the future due to a new toy I got tonight. Yay for one more step out of the technological Dark Ages!)
    Last edited by PDI247; 09-22-2011 at 11:08 PM.

Is there a particular 'item structure' you're planning to use? Like... 'grades' of items? Damaged, crude, normal, magic, exceptional, unique, or anything similar?

Are there intentions to have some 'weird' potions that have strange effects? Or perhaps some 'fun items' that have literally no apparent practical purpose, but are fun to collect and/or use?

Will there be spells or similar that can be cast -on- items to improve or even 'downgrade' or completely obliterate them?

(And let me know if/when you take a peek at the 'so-far-existing material' for the project I've been working on, if you have opinions/suggestions - elsewhere if preferred (PM, on those pages, etc); I realize it's all text, which hopefully will change in the future due to a new toy I got tonight. Yay for one more step out of the technological Dark Ages!)
    Yup, there will be item grades. From Un-common to Ancestral Relic(which is much much more powerful than any other items even better than Legendary. and will have a unique effect/design/functionality. Those will have a unique ancestors name at the end for ex. "Ancestor's Name Fiery Sword of the Third War"(something fancy like that)

As I mentioned earlier some items will benefit at the same time some will be deadly or even make you a toad. I do have plans for such vanity items, I enjoy collecting them as much as I enjoy them :P So there will be some cool items. Considering my game is still in its infancy stage, I will not have them in my game yet.

I do have plans on making some unique gearz(esp weapons) to level as the way you'd expect a character to level up. This is a more advanced topic and will be at the end game content. I don't plan on adding spells that will completely destory the item lol. You can simply throw it away haha.

Aw... but it would be so fun to see a set of armor you're -glad- to finally be rid of, explode into a billion pieces by means of a powerful spell and have it arrive at the feet of the character via ashes, which swiftly get blown away by the strong winds that inevitably get generated as a spell after-effect...... 'Kay, so maybe that's just me.

So, you mentioned PvP... anything 'special' for co-op?

Aw... but it would be so fun to see a set of armor you're -glad- to finally be rid of, explode into a billion pieces by means of a powerful spell and have it arrive at the feet of the character via ashes, which swiftly get blown away by the strong winds that inevitably get generated as a spell after-effect...... 'Kay, so maybe that's just me.

So, you mentioned PvP... anything 'special' for co-op?
    that is an interesting idea haha. I do plan on adding group instances, PvP battles or even group quests.Its one of the more advanced topics that I haven't looked deep into yet. As I mentioned in the videos it will be multiplayer, won't be an MMORPG unless if I can afford Photon for more than 100 players. Currently I'm using smartfox but will upgrade it to Photon soon.

Are you planning to work with 'instances' of areas, or are you aiming for a 'seamless world' where everyone can find everyone else?

Will it be 'open PvP', or 'PvP by Request'? Or will there be special buildings designed for it?

This looks fantastic. Excellent work so far. Enjoy the reading of your ideas and stuff too. Keep it up.
    Please let me know when we are going to have some fun so I can pay attention.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast