Thread: SWTOR guild

SWTOR guild

Does anyone want to form a guild for SWTOR?

I've had bad luck in the past with pre-launch guilds for MMO's and the advertised one's are all complete strangers. I figured at least on here there would be a common interest. Game Development.

Edit: I put this thread in the Open House area instead of here in the MMO Class.

http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showth...34-SWTOR-Guild
    Last edited by eibonscroll; 07-27-2011 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Location Change

I've got a vent server if your interested in rolling Evil Sith's...a few of us are willing to startup a hardcore and serious guild, PVP server, focusing on PVP and End Game raiding, not for casuals.

I can't commit to a hardcore guild. I'm definately casual.

Guys, guys! Get your heads together, and let us start a 3DBuzz SWTOR guild. I am up for that.

I've already pre-ordered the damn thing, just waiting for pre-release.

- Mossa
    Mossa "Nova" Merhi

I've pre-ordered, I'm just not a hardcore player.

Still not sure about this one. I'm sure it will be generally cool. But there are a lot of little things that just aren't exciting me that much. In the same vein, I jumped on Rift when it first came out and found it massively disappointing. We shall have to see.

Really, I don't think this is the next big thing. The next big thing is probably Guild Wars 2 (or it will fail to the ground), however the Old Republic is basically, any of your given standard MMORPGs, BioWares implementation, and their questing/mission system from KOTOR in on it. So if you like what's out there, and is a real KOTOR fan, then you got what you wanted. Otherwise, it is not the next big thing..

Here's why I am excited for it, and why it'll probably survive really, really: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic fanbase. That's it. We like that lore, we like that universe, and their stories..
    Mossa "Nova" Merhi

KoTOR was amazing, its sequel nearly so. And this could be a lot of fun. I have just regretted getting on board with early adopters of MMOs in the past, so I'm a lot more likely to just wait and see.

I've been itching for a good star wars MMO for a very long time. SWG had a few things that were neat, but was still a pretty bad game. When I first heard about SWTOR I was freaking out, but the closer it gets, the more I'm kinda pushing myself away from it. I'll still preorder it, I'll still play it on the first day, but I'm refusing to let myself get my hopes up on this.

So far, I haven't seen anything from the gameplay trailers that really struck me as something I HAVE to have, and the whole companion feature has me kind of iffy. I personally lean toward the stealthy, "pop out of nowhere and piss all over someone's day" classes in MMOs, and the thought of having an NPC tagging along going "WHAT DO WE NOW BOSS...ARE WE SNEAKING UP ON THEM?" has me a bit worried.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. - Mark Twain