Indie Game: The Movie

I think a lot of people around here would want to know about this. I can't wait to see it!

http://www.indiegamethemovie.com/

Cheers.

Until that shows up http://www.gamespot.com/shows/indievelopment/index.html is a good documentary (just 10 episodes; start from ep1 and work your way up). The 3dbuzz one (the MMO they made; and the one they are making) would be a more interesting documentary for sure . Everybody is free to wish.

I have the movie on preorder and it looks like they have really high production values and a lot of material to choose from. Can't wait to see how it turns out. Though I don't think it's really all that much about actual game development as it is about the people behind these low budget indie games. Should be very interesting anyway.

And I wasn't aware of the show on gamespot. Thanks for posting that. It sounds interesting too.

The show is pretty old. They have dropped the idea of making that game and are now facebook app creators. With that said, the show is still relevant.

Thanks for the heads up looks interesting.

This comes out today, available on Steam / Itunes.

Just finished watching it. It's a really well done film. I highly recommend it.

I was kind of hoping the movie would have had more meat to it, I wanted to hear about design struggles and start up goals and capital...after the movie I had to do serious digging to find out just how much super meat boy made...apparently the two of them did very ok..but things like that would of been nice to have put into the video.

I wanted to hear more about the teams personal struggles, whatever was going on with the Fez game really wasn't clear other then one partner being a douche to the other. Over all i was rather disappointed and consider the movie weak but hey that's just my 2cents.

Anything that helps and promotes the indie gaming community is a step in the right direction..maybe someone can take this a step further and follow a small unheard of game studio with a shoestring budget and condense it down into a small mini series..that'd be way more helpful in promoting indie gaming.
    Current Dev machine: Intel Core i7 3930K Asus P9X79 Pro, 64 gb DDR3, EVGA GTX 590 3gb, Corsair 750 W PSU, ThermoCool Armor Case, 3x Asus 27" LED's, Kingston HyperX 120 gb SSD x2 0,1 Raid ... I like to go fast

Dev Laptop: Macbook Pro 15'' 2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7, 16GB, 512GB ssd, Nvidia Geforce GT 750m 2GB

Good Bad, don't matter, im the man with the gun.
    Check out my current Shadowrun/Cyberpunk MMO project at coming soon (