MMO video access clarification - What happens if you drop the MMO class?

Okay, I've bumped into a little bit of confusion regarding the topic of video access for those who leave the class and thought it would be fair to the class if I made a special post just to provide some clarity.

The situation occurred when a student had an expired credit card in PayPal and their Member Sponsorship subscription dropped. Automatically, they are pulled out of the MMO class; that's just how it works. Now, the student in question was very cool about it and emailed me regarding the problem. I told them that it wasn't an issue - just fix the problem in PayPal, get resubscribed, and I'd get them back into the class.

Then nearly 2 weeks rolled by. The seat was still open.

I can't stand on you guys/gals to take care of responsibilities on your end. I realize that we're all busy people, that things slip our mind, etc. However, fixing something like a credit card issue in PayPal is generally going to be a couple of mouse clicks and a little work on your numpad. Nothing significant. Frankly, it could have likely been done in less time than it took to email me about the problem in the first place. After the 2 week lapse had gone by, I made the call that the student was no longer interested and contacted the next person on the waiting list.

So, then the student contacts me to let me know that they're resubscribed and want their seat back. At this point, there isn't a lot I can do. However, the student held that they should still be able to see the videos they'd accessed previously. That is not how this class system works.

To prevent further confusion moving forward, I wanted to make sure I took the time to clear this up for everyone:

If you leave the class for any reason, you can only get back in if a seat opens up. I figure most of you already know this. The point of confusion arose when the student in question discovered that once you leave, you don't keep access to the prior videos you had, even as a Member Sponsor.

You have to be in the MMO class in order to see MMO videos.

Moral of the story: Please stay on top of subscriptions, payments, etc. Our waiting list for this class grows significantly every time we run out of seats, and I really don't like having to tell someone that they've just lost their seat because they weren't keeping up with their responsibilities.
    Last edited by Zak; 06-07-2011 at 10:49 PM. Reason: typo... thanks gav

I think that's more than fair. Also pretty good advice for life in general. I'm not the most organised person but if I lose out on something because of my disorganisation and laziness then I only have myself to blame.

I had the same thing happen to me except that my credit card was cancelled by me (due to PSN hack) rather than expiring.

On payment day, PayPal informed me there was a problem with my credit card and that it would attempt to resubmit the payment two days later.

So I immediately fixed up the details and sent an explanation email to Angela. I assume that two days later PayPal successfully submitted the payment because I am still a MS.

All I knew is that if I didn't fix up my details then I would be putting my MS at risk. The same risk applies if I delay payment in my power bill, gas bill, mortgage etc.

Quote Originally Posted by PrototypeII View Post
    All I knew is that if I didn't fix up my details then I would be putting my MS at risk. The same risk applies if I delay payment in my power bill, gas bill, mortgage etc.
    Yep, concerned me so much I changed to annual subscription (better value for money anyway), lol.

Yeah, I went annual as well. In fact, while writing this it dawned on me to make an Outlook calendar entry to pay my annual fee in May 2012. See Zak, I'm not that much of a pessimist about world events.

David
    I USED the search function and couldn't find what I needed!

Annual as well. Besides, these guys give us all kinds of great stuff besides the MMO course so it is definitely worth every penny.

-Dane
    You know you want to!

Quote Originally Posted by Barad_Dur View Post
    Yeah, I went annual as well. In fact, while writing this it dawned on me to make an Outlook calendar entry to pay my annual fee in May 2012. See Zak, I'm not that much of a pessimist about world events.

David
    What are you talking about? You have until December 21.

I got my "membership expired" email today and immediately signed up another 3 months. Here's hoping I haven't been booted!