Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Game Perspective video series

Hey peoples,

So I decided to record a quick video of some Eve Online gameplay, demonstrating how various things in the game work. These are geared for people who haven't played the game but are curious to see how this particular MMO's game mechanics might solve many of the design issues being discussed in this class. I try to focus on just the game mechanics of that particular game, and not go too deep into how they could be applied to the MMO. I'll leave that for an essay sized forum post

Its the first of several I have planned, I'll have another one up in the next day or so, and I probably won't be limiting these to just discussion of Eve Online, I already have plans for Magicka and Mass Effect. Oh and try to watch the EO vids in HD, at lower resolutions the text becomes unreadable

Eve Online Market - added 15th May 2011
    Eve Online Industry - added 10th June 2011
    Eve Online Standings Part 1 - added 22nd September 2011 *new*
    Eve Online Standings Part 2 - added 22nd September 2011 *new*
    Eve Online Sovereignty - Re-Recording
    Eve Online Combat - Coming Soon

Magic in Magicka - added 19th May

Fallout 3 Attributes & Leveling - Coming Soon
    Deus Ex Combat / Upgrade system - Coming Soon

Let me know if you want to see more
    Last edited by 3dspider; 09-23-2011 at 04:41 PM.
    Dangerous. Mute. Lunatic.
    <Toastage>: and you're like "Ey Joe it is Smismar, I am belgium, ishn't that veird. Fix mai internetz or I cut you yehs?"

Very cool. I think a lot of people should introduce their ideas initially using this method. It bypasses any interruptions and allows the purest form of your thoughts to flow. If you don't do a good job explaining, then that's your fault (you always have the option of re-recording it), also because you set up a thread it allows us to ask questions and build upon your ideas.

On to the actual video.

While i dont like the aesthetic of that market system, i love the way it operates. The bidding process, the local transaction history and graph to show how much the item has previously sold for is really good.

One part in particular that i like is the local/global effect of selling/buying items in a star system. Being able to naturally charge for more or demand less because of your location is very cool. It's just like London

It might be a little bit too open with having all transactions history available, maybe having to purchase a sort of "trade" status that gives you access to all data could be cool . It means people cant exploit or be caught exploiting the economy. Which could be fun. But i could be talking out of my ....... because this side of the MMO is stuff i have very little experience with so i would like to hear others talk about this who have a lot more insight.

I just wanted to post to let you/everyone else know this is a very cool way to put your ideas across and from my perspective you did an awesome job.

-andrew
    site

insert witty comment here

You did a great job 3dspider. This is something I have been referring to alot in my mind while listening to the guys on video talk about market and other stuff.

Also I love that now we have a non-WoW reference on the board :P

I look forward to seeing more stuff from you.

Love it - looking forward to more!

Excellent job 3dspider!

I am excited to see more of these videos!

Buzz

Well done 3dspider, I was actually looking for an overview video of the market system on EVE a while back and couldn't find anything as well put together.

3dspider: A quick update... I just wanted you to know that I picked up Eve late last night/this morning after watching your video. I plan to put a little time in with it each night before I go to bed. So hurry with that next video.

Cheers!

Buzz

Good to see other EvE pilots here on the forum, im currently based in tribute right beside Venal, there is a major war going on now, figthing over Tribute + 5000 pilots on each side fighting to controle this area of space. Russians and Pandemic leagion + friends against Northern Coalition and theyr allies. If you give EvE a good try you will love the pvp jason, its awsom but takes a while to get in too the deep stuff of it. The market game in eve is great and you did a good demo of it 3dspider

Quote Originally Posted by busbyj View Post
    3dspider: A quick update... I just wanted you to know that I picked up Eve late last night/this morning after watching your video. I plan to put a little time in with it each night before I go to bed. So hurry with that next video.

Cheers!

Buzz
    Already recorded another, but won't have time to put it up until later tonight. Stay tuned Oh and thanks for the kind words people

btw what's your in game name?
    Dangerous. Mute. Lunatic.
    <Toastage>: and you're like "Ey Joe it is Smismar, I am belgium, ishn't that veird. Fix mai internetz or I cut you yehs?"

Sweet! I'm patiently waiting. I'm hoping I get to view the video tonight! Cheers!

As for my in-game name, it's Judeondethus

Buzz

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast