View Poll Results: Which entry do you like best?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yezariel

1 4.17%
  • mr_charisma

9 37.50%
  • Ray()

0 0%
  • Jamianne

13 54.17%
  • Clone3d

1 4.17%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Well, I'll go with whatever you guys deem as correct at this point. I didn't even know we were getting a badge for winning this contest! I didn't get a badge for the last contest I won, so I figured the photography contest wasn't part of that group. I'm good either way, just let me know.

I don't think there are badges for this contest, just the fun to show off what we can do! We just need to know who gets to challenge us with the task of a new photo challenge.
    For me, happiness is learning new things.

If the badge isn't for this contest, then what contest did Mr. Charisma win? Did he win the one about making the vehicle for the Unity lessons?

Personally, I would like to see a badge like that jumps around to people for winning something like this contest. When the badges first were introduced my biggest complaint about them was the whole "did you bring enough candy for the whole class" thing. Unless you're going to have a large slough of badges for a lot of different things, it just seems wrong to only pass them out to a few folks. The best solution is to provide more badges to folks for various achievements, especially ones they don't need to pay money for.

(Of course, I never got to make my point back then because someone hacked my account, spammed the boards, and I got erased. But that's a different story.)
    Read my Webcomic:
    maytiacomic.com
    Check up on my progress at:
    marscaleb.com

Quote Originally Posted by Marscaleb View Post
    If the badge isn't for this contest, then what contest did Mr. Charisma win? Did he win the one about making the vehicle for the Unity lessons?
    Not sure what he won, but the badges are at the present time are for contests that Buzz and Zak run. (if I'm wrong about that, I'm sure Zak will set me straight.)
    For me, happiness is learning new things.

Quote Originally Posted by Marscaleb View Post
    If the badge isn't for this contest, then what contest did Mr. Charisma win?
    Well, I seem to remember being a winner, or at least finalist, for one of the "make a vtm" videos from a long time ago. I made a video on integrating OpenGL with Java

Or it could have been for a few of the photography contests in the past.

Okay, so is there not going to be another contest now?
    No matter how you try to slice it, there are only two possible winners, and one has officially conceded to the other. Jamianne, we need a theme for the next contest.
    (If you want ideas or suggestions, I'm going to suggest "signs." Might be fun to see what people come up with. But the official response needs to come from you.)

Also, Mr Charisma, update the winners gallery.
    Read my Webcomic:
    maytiacomic.com
    marscaleb.com

I was informed by Clone_3d that MrCharisma had won the contest. Previously, Clone_3d and I had worked out an arrangement such that the winners of these contests could get a contest badge until the next winner was announced. I did not get involved with the decision making. I see here that it probably should have been announced as a tie. I really had no idea that we were allowing people to change their vote at all, much less just by saying so in the threads, which - if you'll pardon me for saying so - is a tad ridiculous.

However, I'm not here to micromanage. Clone_3d has been doing a standup job of setting up and running these contests for quite some time. He tells me who the winner is, I set up the badges. Plain and simple.

The main problem was we forgot to put an end date on this poll, so the results reflected in the poll now are different to the results when Clone3D declared me the winner. However, by the time anyone else got around to replying to the thread, Jamianne was back in front. Lets just declare this contest a tie and be done with it.

Since we haven't heard from either Clone nor Jamianne for a little while, I'm happy to suggest a theme to get the next contest running again.

Next Theme - Mad World

So yesterday I learned to play Mad World on the piano. It is now the most depressing song I know how to play (and I don't play anything unless its in a minor key). I like the term.

The theme for this contest is Mad World. It is a fairly open ended topic. You should submit a photo that captures madness in the world in some way. It's ok to be provocative (that's what art is about), but please don't break any of the forum rules.

Standard submission rules apply.

Yaaaaaay!
    I've got an idea for a picture to go along with that theme!
    Read my Webcomic:
    maytiacomic.com
    marscaleb.com

That's totally cool with me. I wasn't sure what had been decided and figured I wait and see if Clone said anything about it. It's all good.

Interesting topic for this one. I'll see what I can come up with for it...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast