C# is now on Android

Hi, I just wanted to point out for those who want to develop for the android phones that you can now do it in the comfort of you favorite programming language. (^-^)

http://mono-android.net/

I hope this is of some benefit to someone.

Awesome! Thanks for this news. FYI to everyone it does cost $399 for a professional 1-seat license that you are allowed to distribute on android market. $99 for student that you are allowed on up to 100 devices. Seems reasonable though. =D
    "Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life" - Confucius
    "I see and I forget, I hear and I remember, I do and I understand" - Confucius
    "My mom didn't see the irony in calling me a son-of-a-b**ch" -- Jack Nicholson
    "'Con' is the opposite of 'Pro',so that makes congress the opposite of progress"

Yikes! $399 just to use C# instead of Java?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_charisma View Post
    Yikes! $399 just to use C# instead of Java?
    No, $399 to publish on Market with C# instead of Java
    DocHogan

-------------
    Andrew- Illusions against a burninator? Silly, silly British man.
    Amanda- I put a time flux on Trogdor
    Andrew- Step down, girlfriend! You can't just-
    Amanda- Ninth level sorcerer, AND I carry the Emerald Chalice. Trogdor is frozen in time. Deal with it.
    Xander- Smack-down on Red Riding Hood. This could get ugly.
    Giles- How could it possibly get any uglier? I used to be a highly respected Watcher. Now I'm a wounded dwarf with the mystical strength of a doily.

A note for those who want to try this out.

you can try Mono for Android out for FREE and use the android emulator to test stuff out ... but you can't publish stuff to any real phone.

Non the less. you can get some feel for working with it and seeing some C# code being run on a Android OS (emulated)