Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Will try to get a shot tonight. If not, I'll just have to look through my library
    Please, call meg Johnny.

Photography 101!

My photography site

Quote Originally Posted by NinaCovington
    Hahahahaha! Yes!!!!! You are awesome, Clone!!!!

Define night. I think we had a "winter" contest a few months ago... should the same rules apply? Photos taken during North American night time?

:P

As stated by Jamianne, it's "Just be sure it convey's that it's dark outside."
    Please, call meg Johnny.

Photography 101!

My photography site

Quote Originally Posted by NinaCovington
    Hahahahaha! Yes!!!!! You are awesome, Clone!!!!

Since it seems that everyone is a little shy to post their images for this contest, I'll start by showing the two I'm trying to decide between.

Image One:

Image Two:

Comments are always welcome!

I'll try and take a photo tonight, otherwise I may have to delve into the past for this one...

Yeah, only had about 40mins worth of shooting time till an old friend called me to a bar. And that time. I was mostly busy trying to figure out features and settings on my dads dslr (and started to experiment with long shutter times instead of taking a picture for the contest). Sadly it's slightly out of focus. Kinda do like it that way, but definitely wasnt intended.

@Jamianne: I do understand your problem of having to choose one. Both look really good and have a certain mysterious feeling to them. At least in my eyes. If I had to chose, Id probably go with the first one. The green light just catches the eye.

Thanks Yezariael...I'm leaning more towards that one myself. Night photography isn't easy, but I really enjoy it and the experimentation of longer shutter times and such.

I'll be sure to choose my entry before the deadline of the 14th...only two more days everyone!!

I'll have my camera out tonight, but just in case I don't get anything, here is an entry from me:

Nothing to complicated here. Canon 500D, 18-55mm IS @ 18mm, f5.6, 2 second exposure. Taken when I was in Singapore in March.

So I was thinking the other night, what animal could be "static" enough to take a picture of in the dark. So I got this idea that I would photograph a snail and because it would take such a long time for the camera to take the shot, the snail would look incredibly fast :-D Well see for yourself how it turned out. I just wanted to share the idea.

This second picture is my entry:

I wanted to take a completely different photo but I found it very difficult to focus on a specific point in the picture because of the mode I had to use on my camera. So now I have lots of photographs of snails out of focus. Oh well.

Btw I don't want to complain or anything but it is allowed to submit pictures from the past not taken specifically for this contest? Why not I guess since it's not mentioned in the rules, I just assumed the opposite.
    Last edited by Ray(); 05-13-2011 at 05:39 PM.
    Mind Duck Games check out our game prototypes ;.)

It's been allowed in the past, though most of the time it's only Mr3d_PHD who does it. I don't really have a problem either way. My feeling is though in a contest with no prizes it's just better to have more entries. As long as it was you who took the photo then that's what matters. But yeah if we want to change the rules so that the photos have to be taken during the contest, that would be fine too.

It's a cool concept Ray(). It would have been interesting to see how it looked with a flash at the second curtain - that way you would get the motion blur trail, and the snail would also be in sharp focus at the end.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast