Insomnia induced terrain problems....

I am following along on videos (trying to catch up!) while I can't sleep and I seem to have done something really wrong. All of a sudden my terrain is all jagged. I have no idea what I did to cause this.

Please advise!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jagged.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	273.6 KB 
ID:	71593

P.S. While I have your attention Do you notice that circle thing in the top left corner of the window? I have no idea what it is or how it got there, but it IS part of unity. I think it is a bugged window of some sort, but I have no idea how to close it. Any ideas? It doesn't affect anything, just a minor annoyance having it there.
    "Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life" - Confucius
    "I see and I forget, I hear and I remember, I do and I understand" - Confucius
    "My mom didn't see the irony in calling me a son-of-a-b**ch" -- Jack Nicholson
    "'Con' is the opposite of 'Pro',so that makes congress the opposite of progress"

Looks to me like the MaxHeight is set too high... reminds me of when Lee set it to 15 and it looked almost like your screenshot.

Try a value of 5 or under and see how it looks.

If that's not it, I'm not sure what it could be...

I had something just like that but I don't remember what I did. You are using the same values Lee was using? I would watch the last video over again to see if you missed him changing something if that's not the result he is getting.

I don't think it is max height. I have had it set to 16384 like Lee has it in the videos for a long time and it ran fine. I will play with the settings and see if I can fix it. I know it has to be something small I overlooked because it was working just fine a few videos ago.

Update: Tweaked some stuff and now I got squared off tiles. I set the height to 128.

Name:	squared off.png 
Views:	82 
Size:	889.3 KB 
ID:	71596

Upped the Height to 1024

Name:	jagged2.png 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	71597
    Last edited by T-Gunn; 04-23-2011 at 06:46 PM.
    "Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life" - Confucius
    "I see and I forget, I hear and I remember, I do and I understand" - Confucius
    "My mom didn't see the irony in calling me a son-of-a-b**ch" -- Jack Nicholson
    "'Con' is the opposite of 'Pro',so that makes congress the opposite of progress"